Quantcast

-- Friday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I put street tires on my HT last night... pedaled it around the driveway a bit and up and down the street a couple of times. Not much... but it's the most riding I've done in a couple of months.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I'm really sorry to hear about your knee splat. For someone who likes to ride as much as you, that really sucks.

I spent a kickass couple of hours on the singlespeed last night. The trails were in great shape, and these TNUA rides and sessions on the trainer really seem to be paying off. I was strong on all the hills and still felt strong at the end of the ride. :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I went to a bikerag.com video night with Tonyhawk and his girlfriend last night. The showed a local video that was well done, and then the Collective and NSXVIII. The Collective is probably the best MTB video I've seen yet. NSX VIII was pretty damned cool too and there are some CT riders who can pull off some damn good freeriding featured in the local video.

They also had a raffle and I won a bikerag.com T-shirt, two Jagermeister shot glasses, and a bikegrag.com thong (not sure what to do with that yet - maybe a bike mojo item or something?).

Oh yeah and I also picked up some nice Marwi handlebar lights from Tonyhawk last night!

Thanks for driving and thanks for the lights Tony!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
uhmm....i rode the couch last night through the thunderstorms, fog, and torrential downpours. Hopefully i will get to ride this weekend and if thats the case there will be pics as usual.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh, I worked out again last night for the third straight night (shoulders), after getting out of work late. I plowed through my workout kind of fast because I wanted to get home, now my shoulders are pretty sore from the fast pace.

I may or may not go again tonight. I am undecided as of right now. Tomorrow my brother and I are clearing a few things out of my grandmother's house and driving them to Long Island. She's been moved into an assisted living facility and needs her stuff.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I went riding last night. Just the usual park ride. I have been practicing jumps and hit a couple last night. I am improving. We beat the rain which is cool. I go to the docs today so I probably won't be able to ride tonight. Oh well. Next ride planned is for Tuesday. I hope to get one in before that......jdcamb

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MMcG said:
Well the saying on the Thong says "Save a Tree - Eat a Beaver" so I'm not sure if it would be an appropriate present for Laura!
She'll love it:

That was definitely a good time! Watching the amateur video in between the pros made me realize how much I suck though. I need to quit my job so I can ride all day...

IAB: What was your excuse for not going?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Heidi said:
Well you see, since I'm old now, my knee is hurt so I can't ride, so I get sick. It's a crappy circle.
You got a hurt knee too? Here put your knee to the monitor and let the Monkey vibes heal you!!!!
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Skookum said:
You got a hurt knee too? Here put your knee to the monitor and let the Monkey vibes heal you!!!!
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
I wish that was all it took to heal it.