Quantcast

-- Friday's Ride Thread --

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
jacksonpt said:
I got nuttin... anyone else?
Me neither. Nobody wants to wait around till I get out of work to ride any more. Been running though...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am hoping to get some riding in this weekend...a road ride at the very least. Don't know when the hell I'll have time though since I have family schit planned both days. I do have Monday off (Columbus Day) but I have to hang around the house. Again, I am hoping to squeeze in a road ride.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I DID!

I meet up w/berkshire_rider at Pittstown State Forest, the place has to be the most tehnical trail within an hour of me, I didnt even come close to riding everything but it was a damn good/fun ride :D

I have been working about 10 minutes from this place for the last 3 months, why have I only been there twice??

Berkshire_rider snapped a couple pics, hopefully they came out good enough for him to post

Evergrey

Chimp
Jul 2, 2004
Good ol' Rochester
I rode the Thursday night ride with Echo and the rest of the crew last night, and had two crummy misshaps that killed my ride for me. First, I biffed it on a tiny jump, not realizing my rear was locked out on my Bear DeLux, coupled with the fact that my stem setup was all wrong (strange cockpit feel). Then, on a road climb, i lost my crank arm! At least the weather was nice to pedal one footed home. Everyone was cool enough to look for the lost crank bolt, and to see if a spare part was on board. All in all though, the weather was perfect, the trails were beautiful and the storm outlet odors were kickin'!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Let's see. Do we have anything........ hmmmmm.. <rummage> <rummage>

Oh yeah - I'm headed to FRUITA at 5-ish today and gonna ride Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning! :dancing:

But I'm not taking a camera, so I'm hoping someone else is. :D

-S.S.-

J

JRB

Nothing for today, but headed to Cleburne in the morning. Should be good. Might take pics even.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
In an attempt to salvage a tiny bit of dignity in this thread... I did spend a good hour or so yesterday at my LBS talking road bikes. Thought I might be able to find some good end-of-season deals, but they've already got the 05 cannondales in, so...

J

JRB

Oh well in that case, I opened a box with 2 new jerseys from Clif.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Went on a night ride.
Tried the el cheapo lights that still cost me 70 bucks at REI.
No drama.
Off to get a helmet light this weekend.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jacksonpt said:
Thought I might be able to find some good end-of-season deals, but they've already got the 05 cannondales in, so...
They don't have any 04's left? That's where the deal would be.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
They don't have any 04's left? That's where the deal would be.
Yea... that's what I was looking for. They had one 04 - but it was a fairly high end bike, so I didn't even at clearance prices it would have been waay out of my price range.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Berkshire_rider snapped a couple pics, hopefully they came out good enough for him to post
Pictures didn't come out very good. :( Doug, the 2 riding pics I took of you didn't come out at all. As good as the riding is there, we will have to go back again and get some better shots. ;)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
berkshire_rider said:
Pictures didn't come out very good. :( Doug, the 2 riding pics I took of you didn't come out at all. As good as the riding is there, we will have to go back again and get some better shots. ;)

wow that place looks cool. i have to do my once every 5 weeks saturday duty tomorrow at work, thats a bummer. however on sunday im gonna try to start dirt jumpin again. see how the arm feels poppin off some lips and pinning some landers

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
wow that place looks cool. i have to do my once every 5 weeks saturday duty tomorrow at work, thats a bummer. however on sunday im gonna try to start dirt jumpin again. see how the arm feels poppin off some lips and pinning some landers
Why dont you go scout some trail for next weekend and not risk injury! :thumb: :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
everything is supposed to be pretty clear at this point. t-pirate and those guys rode bennett, i can pretty much guarantee that trace will be good to go as well as brown mtn.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
everything is supposed to be pretty clear at this point. t-pirate and those guys rode bennett, i can pretty much guarantee that trace will be good to go as well as brown mtn.
You sure you dont want to check Trace? I mean that trail is nothing but Speed in the upper section, a downed tree would suck.

Ah you can go first :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
berkshire_rider said:
Pictures didn't come out very good.
Man... that looks like some cool riding. :drool: We don't have much rock (certainly nothing like that) down here so I can only guess what it must be like.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
berkshire_rider said:

dang...doesnt even look like thats a trail !!!

(and definitely yes to going back)

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Man... that looks like some cool riding. We don't have much rock (certainly nothing like that) down here so I can only guess what it must be like.
Riding at Pittstown is fun, but tough. However, it's not that far away from you. If you are ever in the Albany area let us know, maybe you can join us for a ride. :thumb: