Quantcast

***Friderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Decided to make Friday a Friday and left at noon. I am planning on installing the new tires on the Giggle Pig and test my spring legs on the 1X. Also curious to see if the *e13s mount any easier than the specialized that gave me trouble on two wheel sets. Then tacos and beer.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was going to order one up but then I didn't feel my DHR II up front and Ardent in the rear were holding me up on yesterday's ride. It's all about staving off arm pump and working on core strength instead.

I also couldn't tell that I had my new fancy crabonz rims on, either, although I visually verified that they are still mounted up. :D It doesn't help that my last real ride on the old rims was back in November.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I gave up easily, the through axel on the Yeti is jammed and won't release on the non threaded side. I'm taking the GT instead. :monkey:

Also noted the Nobby Nics do not hold up well, lots of partial knobs, loose knobs and a few missing knobs.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i almost just helped @mandown's extincting efforts...riding once every 3-4 weeks doesn't really prep you for a ride with 4700' of climbing...despite trashing my legs, permagrin on my face after 27 miles of wilson creek's finest trails. 44* when i started, 67* when i finished. surprised at how much smoke had blown over from the linville gorge fire. pics to come...

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
It's Friday, 4 hours to go. May have lost our freedom of speech yesterday, but that's a topic for another forum.

Found all my bike gear, rain scheduled for the weekend.

Just ate a stir fry with many spicy... going to pay for that later I'm sure.

Good luck out there folks!!

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Not only is it Friday, but it is Payday Friday for Yossarian, so here is a little financial lesson for the kiddos on here.

I put half of May's Mortgage payment (plus some extra to be paid against principal) in a separate account from checking. April's mortgage payment was paid on 3/15. Paid the credit card off in full (this gets done every paycheck) Put the cash I can spend in Reno this weekend, into my wallet. Grocery money for the next two weeks is safe and secure and there is some money to maybe put in the wife's pocket for her and my daughter's trip to Paris next week.

I will vacate the workplace shortly and start drinking with my brother.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
today's ride featured the three r's of nc:
rox:

roots:

and rhododendron tunnels:

i passed what is one of the cooler houses in the area-hard to tell, bit it's nestled in a cove with great views in one direction, tucked under a huge rock overhang, and with a sweet rocky waterfall coming down behind it:

i foolishly decided to try my luck and instead of taking the cut-over, i rode all the way up to the blue ridge parkway, affording sweet views of grandfather mtn and the linn cove viaduct but wearing my legs the eff out:

it was a bit hazy, as there's a forest fire to the west and a bunch of smoke had blown over. still some nice views tho:

i effing love it here.
for those who know/care: parked in edgemont, rode up 90 past the start of 21 jumps, down woodruff, up anthony creek road to gragg, back on 90 up to the parkway. beacon heights to full yancey. spit me out 50 yards from the car.

Last edited:
rox:

roots:

i passed what is one of the cooler houses in the area-hard to tell, bit it's nestled in a cove with great views in one direction, tucked under a huge rock overhang, and with a sweet rocky waterfall coming down behind it:

i foolishly decided to try my luck and instead of taking the cut-over, i rode all the way up to the blue ridge parkway, affording sweet views of grandfather mtn and the linn cove viaduct but wearing my legs the eff out:

it was a bit hazy, as there's a forest fire to the west and a bunch of smoke had blown over. still some nice views tho:

i effing love it here.
Nice.

98% of your audience has no idea what cove means...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Fuck this shit.

I'm kind of anxiously waiting (not positively such) for the (R) to vote for the ACHA. That way I can walk over to my 65 y/o colleague on Medicare and thank him for voting for Trump. If that passes, I will not be able to get insurance outside of my current company because of preexisting conditions - epilepsy. My drugs retail cost $10k/quarter. If I have to pay that, a very large percentage of my salary will go to my drugs, taking me from a being a contributing member of society, spending ~$20k/yr on general consumer goods, to one dependent on the healthcare sector. I've got a whole bunch of "fuck you's" for you Justin and Rick. The only other option is to drive to Canada and buy drugs there retail, forcing me to smuggle prescription drugs back to the US.

Fuck this country. I should have gotten my UK citizenship when my parents got married (I was a minor). At least then I'd have the choice to leave.
My early retirement plans hinged on Obamacare; I currently enjoy legacy benefits that would not be matched as a new hire in a different company. It covers Humira which is exceptionally expensive.
You freeloaders should have thought about all that before you decided to get diseases. Brian's got to send his kids to college, and that shit is expensive.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
rox:

roots:

i effing love it here.
for those who know/care: parked in edgemont, rode up 90 past the start of 21 jumps, down woodruff, up anthony creek road to gragg, back on 90 up to the parkway. beacon heights to full yancey. spit me out 50 yards from the car.
Jelly.

I could go for a good rhododendron slapping right meow.

The 4th R should rivers...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
You freeloaders should have thought about all that before you decided to get diseases. Brian's got to send his kids to college, and that shit is expensive.
I blame my parents and too many participation awards. There is very little I can do as its a lifelong pattern I have become accustomed to. I am also thinking of getting adult onset ADHD in order to justify my poor impulse control. :thumb: