Quantcast

***Friderp GMT***

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Happy Birthday to the wife @Pesqueeb ... careful, wine hangovers are the worst!
First three days of school are just about in the books for the girls and my house is clean, dog is still finding it weird that I am here when the kids aren't but he is enjoying having someone to take him up in the woods (when it isn't raining) for some walks. I am getting subbing calls so that makes me feel much better about the financial aspect of me leaving work. It's not my previous salary, but it'll pay some of the bills so that's a bonus. I've gotten lots of messages from my former co-workers and students about how weird school is now and how much they all miss me in the building...it makes me sad, but glad to know they appreciated me!
Coffee in hand and watching the news before more laundry....if I keep this up, I can play all weekend!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Man, we've had two of the most beautiful days I can remember...this must be what it's like to live in San Diego....except I can afford my house and food.

Playing some tunes tonight with the band at a local cafe. Gotta hustle out of work and get set up in time to play at 8. Gonna be a photo-finish to pull that off....I mean...you know....so we won't disappoint the 3 people that only came in to take a dump and use the free wi-fi.....maybe not necessarily in that order, and not everyone dumping at the same time.....maybe one of them buys a scone and some coffee, then takes a dump - or maybe no dump at all.....maybe he's just there to reflect upon his day, I dunno....but you get the point.

Look, I gotta go get some stuff done, I'll talk to y'all later...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Friday, internetters! I was going to skip my bike workout last night because I was tired, or at the very least I was just going to pedal easy. But, I went ahead and gave it a go and fired off one hell of a ride. 20 miles at 21.2 mph avg, which is my fastest road ride by a lot. I'm not sure where hell that came from.

I've got a 5K race Sunday (that would be running). The way I've been going lately, I think I have a legit shot at finally breaking 19 minutes. I've been running well and the weather will be ideal.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Close call yesterday while out riding with the wife. She rounded a blind corner in an obscured vision area and came across a healthy sized, uber pissed off rattler right in the middle of the trail. Luckily she had the presence of mind to hop off the bike backwards, but that dude didn't move an inch. We waited 10 minutes for him to slither away but ended up having to bushwhack to get around.

Trailer officially up on the market and got a guy coming to look at it this weekend. Time for it to find a new home. :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Worked on projects and rode the trainer last night. I came very close to telling dispatch to take this job and shove it last night when the piled on trips that extended my day by an hour.

going to install a new roof vent fan in the camper tomorrow. It should be a pain in the ass because it appears to be an easy job to swap out the old one.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. I get to spend a lot of today working on spreadsheets instead of being on the phone. So stoked ;). Heading up to @Nick's to get the Yeti back together tonight and drink beer, because I need a bike and to drink beer. Plans for the weekend are pretty good: seeing a new house tomorrow am then hanging out with the @Toshi crew tomorrow afternoon, then climbing with Haley on Sunday. We'll shove some errands into the spaces there, but mostly a fun weekend.

Also got my tickets for the Cal vs. CU game in October which will be a ton of fun. Got them through the alumni association, so we'll be in the middle of the Cal Alumni section - GO BEARS!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Saw these guys last night. Irie vibes!

Bonobo tonight.

I wish I could swing STS9 at RR but I need to treat my bank account like I am an adult. :?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Wife and I said yesterday that Enchanted is going to be a cluster this evening with people practicing for Sundays race.
Knocked out a Chimpex on Wednesday evening and it was a facking PARTY at the top of Enchanted. Lotsa skittles-clad endurinators. And one lady walking 3 giants dogs up Enchanted... good times.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ride last night was a washed-out mess. still had a good time. It started raining on us on the climb. when we got to the mid-point clearing (i.e. the upper parking lot at the ski hill), there was a clearing in the sky, golden-red sunset light and a rainbow. then it got dark and started to rain again. oh well, onward and upward! It wasn't so bad until we caught up with a group ahead of us. they were all enduro-d out, fancy bikes, flashy clothes, knee pads - all that was missing were the goggles. We caught them part way into the final descent. they didn't pull over, so we waited, and then caught them again. and then waited. and then caught them again. after the third time catching them and waiting, and them not pulling over, I started to pick them off in the corners, one by one. I passed about 5 of them cleanly, but one of them was a little tight on the inside. My four other riding partners did the same, and caught a bit of flack from the group. I couldn't friggin believe it. We stopped three fuckin' times. You'd think after the second time they'd pull over... friggin enduro-ists. still, passing all of them 4x style was good fun, and the final descent was a blast in the wet. I'm liking the Magic Mary on the front. And the Transition Patrol ain't too shabby either.

More rain here today, but at least it looks like it'll clear up for the weekend.

have a good one y'all

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
any teal fanny packs to go with teal bikes?
When we rolled through the Party Zone, we didn't stop so I didn't REALLY get a good look... but yeah probably. Turquoise (teal) is Colorado's official color, if mountain bikes are any indication.

**Not judging. My bike might be black, but it's really turquoise.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WOOO FRIDAY.

Hoping for some DH tomorrow, but it isn't looking good. All the trails are currently closed at the hill.

If not, then trails will be ridden.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When we rolled through the Party Zone, we didn't stop so I didn't REALLY get a good look... but yeah probably. Turquoise (teal) is Colorado's official color, if mountain bikes are any indication.

**Not judging. My bike might be black, but it's really turquoise.
It bleeds the turquoise at least.