Quantcast

***Friderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I found out about it last year I think it's their second or third year it's no plattekill or blue mountain
true, but lift access is lift access.

also, not sure if you're aware but platty operates on a limited basis for summer operations anymore. only a couple weekends a summer.

the Windham bike park is worth a visit too, despite only having 4 trails.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
true, but lift access is lift access.

also, not sure if you're aware but platty operates on a limited basis for summer operations anymore. only a couple weekends a summer.

the Windham bike park is worth a visit too, despite only having 4 trails.
They added a couple off shoot trails Windham three hours from home I go 6-8 times a year and do a 1-2 times to platty

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woooo happy Friday and long weekend to my fellow Canaderp people's (and some of you southern folk).

Tonight will be fun. Three of us are heading out on a night ride to poach some local groomed Nordic ski trails. Some of these go down/up some pretty large hills, so it should provide plenty of entertainment. They are 15 feet wide and perfectly groomed.

And before I get grilled for poaching trail, the forest is public land but groomed by the ski resort, where one of my buddies works. They groom them in the morning, so our fat bike tires should do little damage. :busted:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Woooo happy Friday and long weekend to my fellow Canaderp people's (and some of you southern folk).

Tonight will be fun. Three of us are heading out on a night ride to poach some local groomed Nordic ski trails. Some of these go down/up some pretty large hills, so it should provide plenty of entertainment. They are 15 feet wide and perfectly groomed.

And before I get grilled for poaching trail, the forest is public land but groomed by the ski resort, where one of my buddies works. They groom them in the morning, so our fat bike tires should do little damage. :busted:
Our local University began letting fat bikes on their groomed ski network this season. You are gonna have a blast.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Tired of not having the most blinged out bike on the block? That dentist down the street always have the newest shiniest color matched bits on his rig?

Well look no further for your next bike jewelry purchase! Order your shiny gold ceramic bearing derailleur pulleys TODAY!!!!
Only $9,999

https://www.kogel.cc/collections/ceramic-derailleur-pulleys/products/solid-gold-pulleys-for-sram-eagle

Or you could get the regular ceramic bearing ones for only $129. What a steal!

https://www.kogel.cc/collections/ceramic-derailleur-pulleys/products/12-14-tooth-narrow-wide-pulleys-for-sram-eagle

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Our local University began letting fat bikes on their groomed ski network this season. You are gonna have a blast.
We hope. The guy who works there has done it, but the rest of us have only ridden short sections of the groomed ski trails and none of the big hills.

What is the interaction between the skiers and bikers like? At this place it is pretty frowned upon to even think about going on the groomed trails. The set track is pristine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We hope. The guy who works there has done it, but the rest of us have only ridden short sections of the groomed ski trails and none of the big hills.

What is the interaction between the skiers and bikers like? At this place it is pretty frowned upon to even think about going on the groomed trails. The set track is pristine.
if they don't like it, steal their ski poles and chuck 'em in the woods.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine

We have been getting a little bit of flack from some of the skiers, but nothing too serious. The head of the campus recreation, who oversees the grooming thinks that the trails should be open to all. Anyone wanting to get out in the winter for some exercise and fresh should be able to use them as they see fit. Kinda sweet.

One of our best MTB trails networks in the summer has a bunch of double track that is for skiing only and they take it very serious. We were told that winter use by bikes could jeopardize summer use if it became an issue. We don't push it over there. The single track is too awesome to risk loosing.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

meh, screw those nordic guys anyway.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
KILL LIST
Can I reserve the list for today for whomever decided they'd open a car door really hard into the side of our car?

Scuffed paint across the door and a dent line where it finally couldn't flex anymore.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Moar rain last night and guess what ? It's raining again. It's going to be a while before we see any dry trails in North Cackalacky since they didn't fully dry from 6-8" of snow before the monsoons came. Only ridden twice this year.:rant: