Quantcast

***Friderp GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I sent of my EMT Re-certification package to Alameda County EMS at the end of January and had heard nothing from them. My certification to work in CA as an EMT expires in 6 weeks so I called them The clerk at ALCO EMS looked up my file and lo an behold they approved my re-certification for another 2 years yesterday. Apparently since a certain large company was taking money and giving out Continuing Education CEs and Skills sheets sign offs without actually holding classes or seeing students all applications are now gone over with a fine tooth comb and everything gets verified. The prior process only took 5 working days. There is a reason I only go to hands on EMS Agency certified classes and not the online stuff. I know of a few guys that lost their LIc or got put on 3 year probation for going the shady route. I'd rather pay a bit more and do it the right way. Now I can chill for the weekend knowing that my jobs are safe for another 2 years

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been having problems with my electricity bill in the new house. Seattle City Light will assume a meter reading is incorrect if it is less than the estimated amount, and will apply the estimated amount. I have been getting billed about 3 times what I should have. Been calling and complaining about it for 6 months. Latest bill came in today at $1300. I have been taking a picture of my meter almost every day for 6 months as "evidence" Not sure at this point if I should lawyer up or just make some Molotov cocktails.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Been having problems with my electricity bill in the new house. Seattle City Light will assume a meter reading is incorrect if it is less than the estimated amount, and will apply the estimated amount. I have been getting billed about 3 times what I should have. Been calling and complaining about it for 6 months. Latest bill came in today at $1300. I have been taking a picture of my meter almost every day for 6 months as "evidence" Not sure at this point if I should lawyer up or just make some Molotov cocktails.
Molotovs.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Write a threatening letter outlining some ridiculous amount of damages you're gonna sue them for on top of the money they owe you for the bills. Then send it to everyone in the company you can find an email for, especially executives and the legal department. Become the squeaky wheel to get the kick.

If that doesn't work try this :monkeydance:

Taking a big company to small claims court sounds like a big hassle but reader Bill has done it successfully three times. He says the time and effort spent on taking a company to small claims court is far less then how it long it takes to get companies to fix above-average in complexity problems.
https://consumerist.com/2008/01/21/suing-big-companies-in-small-claims-court-is-fun-and-easy/

Does Washington have a public utilities commission?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I went to the new Bongshed. Haven't smoked in a while. Got effin blazed. Drinking Moonshine Old Fashions. Feeling good right now.