Quantcast

^-^ FriDerp GMT -^-

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello monkeys! I skipped riding this morning and slept until 9:10AM. It was fucking glorious but at a price; my next window is at 3 or 4 when it will be 96 degrees. I'm not sure what the heat index will be but I feel the need to jump on that wagon.

I did 20 miles on the new saddle yesterday, I have not had a B17 on a mountain bike since the 90s. Out of the box it is currently my most comfortable saddle, I did not wear padded shorts because of heat, there were no issues. :thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Unless you are effusively thankful or Rich it has been my experience that Medical Professionals will almost always treat you like shit. I do not take kindly to being treated like shit.

Hello monkeys! I skipped riding this morning and slept until 9:10AM. It was fucking glorious but at a price; my next window is at 3 or 4 when it will be 96 degrees. I'm not sure what the heat index will be but I feel the need to jump on that wagon.

I did 20 miles on the new saddle yesterday, I have not had a B17 on a mountain bike since the 90s. Out of the box it is currently my most comfortable saddle, I did not wear padded shorts because of heat, there were no issues. :thumb:
The B17 is a nice seat.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The B17 is a nice seat.
My first one came on a used Bridgestone touring bike, I rode it while attending UC@D which included several trips from Denver to Co Springs, Boulder and once to Dillon. I couldn't afford bicycle specific clothing in the 80s, that saddle made long rides possible. Not sure why I ever gave them up.

This afternoon's ride was very hot at 99 degrees to start and 95 when I finished. I loaded a HelloFresh ice pack into my backpack - they are roughly the same size as the spine protector I removed. It worked fantastic and is still frozen 3 hours later. My bike ride ended up only being an hour, the extra weight of the ice pack was enough to allow the majority of the bladder to drain into my back seat as I drove to the trailhead. What was left lasted for 3 miles. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
My first one came on a used Bridgestone touring bike, I rode it while attending UC@D which included several trips from Denver to Co Springs, Boulder and once to Dillon. I couldn't afford bicycle specific clothing in the 80s, that saddle made long rides possible. Not sure why I ever gave them up.

This afternoon's ride was very hot at 99 degrees to start and 95 when I finished. I loaded a HelloFresh ice pack into my backpack - they are roughly the same size as the spine protector I removed. It worked fantastic and is still frozen 3 hours later. My bike ride ended up only being an hour, the extra weight of the ice pack was enough to allow the majority of the bladder to drain into my back seat as I drove to the trailhead. What was left lasted for 3 miles. Lesson learned.
You should freeze a third of your water bladder in it. This is what i do, when i get home from a ride I refill if necessary, blow out the line, and put the bladder in the freezer. Before i ride, I run it under hot water then fill with cold water. never tastes of plastic and is always cold. My back never sweats much and i dont have to clean my bladder but once or twice a year. It also will keep a couple beers cold.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
You should freeze a third of your water bladder in it. This is what i do, when i get home from a ride I refill if necessary, blow out the line, and put the bladder in the freezer. Before i ride, I run it under hot water then fill with cold water. never tastes of plastic and is always cold. My back never sweats much and i dont have to clean my bladder but once or twice a year. It also will keep a couple beers cold.
I have tried that in the past and it worked well. The Hello Fresh pack has a larger surface area that sucks up heat from both sides. It would have worked well if I had closed the bite valve.