Quantcast

<@> FRIDERP<@>

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Just went to watch "Air", meh, 5/10.
I'd rather watch a documentary version instead.
Work was easy, but the work truck looks like a bomb hit it on the inside.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Trying to find some presta valve cores and a couple of headset spacers. Think I've got any amongst my 20 years of parts collecting? Think again. :banghead:

Torn between building up the RFX again as a bike path/backup trail bike, or leaving it apart for posterity. Only got 1 set of 26" wheels and one 1 1/8" suspension fork on hand, otherwise I'd build both the RFX and the Transam and bask in the awesomeness.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That's because we wear shoes that cause foot musculature to atrophy.
Sure, but supporting your body weight on a bicycle pedal for hours at a time isn't the same as having your entire foot on the ground. My experience with more minimalist shoes and bike riding was soreness and hot spots where the pedal pins were.

But hey, you do you. What didn't work for me may work out just fine for you.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello peoples

e-biked in. 7-4 day. got a TB test to get placed in ye olde forearm in a hot minute. seeing Joshua Bell play with the Colorado Symphony this evening, with wife and two elder kids.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Coffee. Ski groomers. Work. Bike ride. Birthday party.

Then tomorrow we pack for a week in Oaxaca, MX. it’ll be my first international trip with a bike, culminating with me turning one half of one century old on the last day.

Very excite.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That's because we wear shoes that cause foot musculature to atrophy.
I used and ran in Merril flat shoes almost exclusively for almost a year. While it did help with my posture, it ended up hurting my back after a while. I think there is an edge point that our bodies just can't take.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I had a really good job interview with a company who had offered me a job 5 years ago. I declined the offer as I thought I need more experience working for a big enterprise. I have that now and the COO even remembered my reason back then. I this works out I could have a job very soon. Which is great but I actually would rather sign now and start sep 1st and just use the time off with full pay to enjoy life but of course not turning down a good job if they want me sooner.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
true. I'm still on spuds but am a lover of barefoot style shoes for general life. I just always worry about my little piggies in close proximity to rocks.
this. the distal and middle phalanx of the big toe on my left foot are fused together after getting smashed between a rock and my pedal at diablo years ago. i switched back to clipless for DH permanently after that.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
this. the distal and middle phalanx of the big toe on my left foot are fused together after getting smashed between a rock and my pedal at diablo years ago. i switched back to clipless for DH permanently after that.
I have squished the top of my foot between SPDs (well, Looks) and rox before by catching it at inopportune times with my toes down

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Went fishing last night... thought the creeks would be warm enough that fish would be moving up to spawn... but not quite yet.

Quiet day at work today... may duck out early for a ride.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Slept in, kiddo had to give both dogs a hug and a kiss before we left the house, dog 2 didn't realize that's what was going on and got the zoomies, spent 10 minutes trying to slow her down enough for a hug. As a result I was late for work, since I came in 30 minutes late, I should leave 30 minutes early to even it out, right?

true. I'm still on spuds but am a lover of barefoot style shoes for general life. I just always worry about my little piggies in close proximity to rocks.
I walk around barefoot most of the time, but after years of barefoot or flip-flop induced toe breakage, it's stiff bike shoes, good stiff hiking boots and steel toed work boots any time I'm riding, hiking or getting sketchy. My left pinky toe doesn't even connect to my foot right anymore, and is permanently twisted at about 45 degrees, it's mostly a non-issue unless I randomly need it for balance, then it's shooting pain and occasionally eating shit, protect your toes kids!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My left pinky toe doesn't even connect to my foot right anymore, and is permanently twisted at about 45 degrees, it's mostly a non-issue unless I randomly need it for balance, then it's shooting pain and occasionally eating shit, protect your toes kids!

Solution

1681491527345.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I walk around like a bull in a china shop and am constantly kicking/tripping over things. My day to day shoes are a pair of Scarpa hiking shoes because they have a rather strong rubber toe cap that keeps my little piggies from getting broken.

I once kicked a rock while bailing off the bike in technical terrain and somehow folded back the nail on my big toe. That sucked pretty bad but what made it worse is that the nail acted like a pawl and wedged my foot into the shoe. Yanking that thing out was a special moment.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ahh most excellent, the only oversized client of the day was going to be a 60 mile round trip (for me) and have me stuck in Friday afternoon get away/commute traffic on I580 just canceled. so now I only have 3 more one way transports left and they are all within 4 miles of my house. I shall be off work by 1430 :headbang: