Quantcast

@!@ Fried day GMT @!@

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Looks like burning non processed wood is better than what crap I had behind the garage from the previous owner. I am not surprised but I still hope I can burn all the crap or just keep it for next summer and fire pit outside.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looks like burning non processed wood is better than what crap I had behind the garage from the previous owner. I am not surprised but I still hope I can burn all the crap or just keep it for next summer and fire pit outside.
Dude. You don't wanna burn ANY kind of processed or treated wood indoors.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Its just raw wood planks not treated as in having been cut into planks?
Are you sure about that? Depending on the source it can be extremely difficult to tell whether or not they were treated.

Also, if it's been sitting outside they might not be dry enough for burning.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Are you sure about that? Depending on the source it can be extremely difficult to tell whether or not they were treated.

Also, if it's been sitting outside they might not be dry enough for burning.
Its been under a roof for a long time so it's dry and its been in my garage since I cut it into pieces a while ago. I only know the treated put when it has the greenish color inside.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Almost as many dogs as people at my brothers last night, and there were a lot of people. Every one was well behaved, dogs too. Other than the drive to/from downtown Denver, I like Thanksgiving at my brothers. I suspect it will be at least noon before I'm interested in eating again.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Dog/ house sitting for a friend, managed to get lost walking the dog becuase i didnt quite remember the route as i learned it in the dark the night before. Walked it in reverse this morning, learned what i did wrong. Should be fine for tonight.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Going through Thanksgiving day with a case of enteritis (self-diagnosed) isn't fun. Abdominal discomfort all day and then ultimately I puked up some stuffing and pumpkin pie 2 hours after Thanksgiving dinner.

At least I felt better after that and could get to sleep. Meh.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Its been under a roof for a long time so it's dry and its been in my garage since I cut it into pieces a while ago. I only know the treated put when it has the greenish color inside.
the treated stuff isn't necessarily green anymore. they use other stuff nowadays. I'm not sure what it is, or how it looks, but it's worth googling I think.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
in a funk......did not even feel like fucking with people on black friday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Took my kid to a bounce house playground thing this morning. Tired him out. Went climbing while he napped. Gym was having a black Friday special 30% off shoes, unfortunately nothing that was in a size I needed. Bummer.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Back to work tonight. Had a great couple days out with the family. Left Tuesday, hunted with the wife all day Wednesday and again Thursday morning. No harvest, came close and some awesome stalks, but wifey has a tendency to yank the trigger.

Broke the truck, finally narrowed down my flickering headlight to the central timing module, and lost the drivers side CV axle. New axle installed and instead of paying a couple hundred for a new module, I just installed a new power source for the headlights..... Still uses the oem switches, just a better design than a multi hundred dollar control module.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Old lady down the street was having a garage sale with a bunch of Legos. I bought all 19 sets for $150. Wifey is mad that I spent that much money on Legos. Did the quick math on cost for new (since Legos hold huge amount of value) - $650. She's still mad and says that Haley's Duplo's are the same as Legos.
She just spent $30 on towel rod for a bathroom that already has hooks, but this apparently is a waste of money...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why did you tell her? :D
So we finished building two pretty substantial sets between 9am and 2pm today. Minus the hour long walk we just took with the dog, she's been playing with them nonstop. Building, accidentally breaking, then fixing, imaginative world playing, etc.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
mtbparks pass acquired for wife and I for 2018 DH season.

Roll on spring and park openings

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Old lady down the street was having a garage sale with a bunch of Legos. I bought all 19 sets for $150. Wifey is mad that I spent that much money on Legos. Did the quick math on cost for new (since Legos hold huge amount of value) - $650. She's still mad and says that Haley's Duplo's are the same as Legos.
She just spent $30 on towel rod for a bathroom that already has hooks, but this apparently is a waste of money...
Throw some legos on the floor on your wife's side of the bed after she's asleep.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hung out with the wife and some friends today. bought some stuff at the hardware store and went out to lunch. Sat Back and viewed from up on the hill the clusterfuck of asian shoppers descending on the Livermore Outlets. I580 is 6 lanes wide in each direction. They had all of them backed up as they tried to squeeze into the outlet off ramps from all the lanes. The CHP was going nuts towing cars that people had parked on the freeway shoulder and then walked to the outlets to shop for marked down crap. The 580 back up was over 6 miles in each direction. Why????

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
hung out with the wife and some friends today. bought some stuff at the hardware store and went out to lunch. Sat Back and viewed from up on the hill the clusterfuck of asian shoppers descending on the Livermore Outlets. I580 is 6 lanes wide in each direction. They had all of them backed up as they tried to squeeze into the outlet off ramps from all the lanes. The CHP was going nuts towing cars that people had parked on the freeway shoulder and then walked to the outlets to shop for marked down crap. The 580 back up was over 6 miles in each direction. Why????
Because people equating stuff with fulfillment.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Late Night Monkeys.

The wife went to the store to get rolls for tomorrows turkey dinner and came out with a turkey. I asked why, she said "It was a great deal, only $1.50 a pound." I said "the one we defrosted was only $.50 a pound, that doesn't seem like a great deal." She said "well, its a fresh turkey, we can just throw it in the freezer for later." :rofl:

I decided to toss it in the smoker, it just came out and is currently resting.

18lbs smoked, 20lbs brined and roasted, should have leftovers for days.