Quantcast

##! Frig GMT !##

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Damn, I felt fine tossing hay bales and moving crap in and out of the trailer yesterday and for some reason I feel like a stiff and sore old bastard this morning :rofl:

Oh well nothing that coffee and a couple of ibuprofen can't fix. Today is supposed to be the only non rainy this week so I better enjoy it while I can.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Poor titling. Not even a common letter to weekday.

Fun but uneventful weekend. Had friends over Saturday for St. Patrick's dinner. Kids were up playing until 10pm, which pretty much blew them up on Sunday. Got the summer wheels back onto the M, which is always a shit ton of fun. Although it decided to snow 3" of wet and heavy at 4pm yesterday when it just expected to rain. Back into the Subaru today.

I think I've decided to not sell the M. My sense of regret on just deciding to sell it is already higher than when I sold the Forester, which I still regret four years later. I just enjoy driving it too damn much and know I will want to get something else fast if I sell it.

Off to work. Giddy.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I fine start to my last week here at my current job. I took Thursday and Friday of last week off, so just cruising through this week as a dead man walking. I see they are running interviews as well - we've had about 6 people leave here in the last month, so they're scrambling to find warm bodies....

It was a wonderful weekend of not doing squat...I liked it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
8" of very heavy snow on the ground from last night. Glad I cleared half of that off the driveway at 8ish before bed.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Brother and sister-in-law were up visiting Saturday. They are trying to sell their house but crazy neighbor had other plans. Feud started cause sis has out bird feeders and this guy didn't like all the birds hanging around. So he decides to camp outside during the open house with a dead mouse in a mouse trap handing out flyers saying their house has a massive rodent infestation that they won't disclose but he feels obligated to. Several offers were pulled due to crazy neighbor. Talk about bad neighbor...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Monday, a day full of smiling faces, rainbows, and happy cheer!! :weee:

I've got a lot of busy grunt work to do at work today. I love days like this...just mindless crap that I have to get done that requires very little thinking.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin!

Brother and sister-in-law were up visiting Saturday. They are trying to sell their house but crazy neighbor had other plans. Feud started cause sis has out bird feeders and this guy didn't like all the birds hanging around. So he decides to camp outside during the open house with a dead mouse in a mouse trap handing out flyers saying their house has a massive rodent infestation that they won't disclose but he feels obligated to. Several offers were pulled due to crazy neighbor. Talk about bad neighbor...
He doesn't like his neighbours, so he sabotages their attempt to sell so he's stuck living next to them for longer.

MENSA candidate right there.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Have to do that work thing this morning. Good thing I'm sitting next to wood stove cause like JPB mentioned it, fracking cold for mid March.
Will slap the Fatty later on. Trails should be ripe from the week-end's slowshoe traffic.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Freezing damn cold for March! I’m working on the epic Monkeyfest planning while enjoying my coffee and Irish soda bread. Hoping it warms up ‘cause we are on our last load of firewood and I hate having to run the furnace already!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
En route to work in an Uber. Apparently people drive UberX in Toyota Tacomas—fuel economy must cut into profits.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So he decides to camp outside during the open house with a dead mouse in a mouse trap handing out flyers saying their house has a massive rodent infestation that they won't disclose but he feels obligated to. Several offers were pulled due to crazy neighbor. Talk about bad neighbor...
this sounds probably illegal. they should be talking to a lawyer.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
En route to work in an Uber. Apparently people drive UberX in Toyota Tacomas—fuel economy must cut into profits.
During the heavy snow storms last winter, when Wifey was still flying to SF regularly, there were a few Uber guys who drove trucks or other vehicles that could travel in pretty deep snow. They always got boost or whatever it's called because so many drivers couldn't get out. The ones that she has a regulars had other more efficient cars for dry though. Not sure about using it as a regular though, that's dumb.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i saw a honda clarity friday.....uglier than the pontiac aztek...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
During the heavy snow storms last winter, when Wifey was still flying to SF regularly, there were a few Uber guys who drove trucks or other vehicles that could travel in pretty deep snow. They always got boost or whatever it's called because so many drivers couldn't get out. The ones that she has a regulars had other more efficient cars for dry though. Not sure about using it as a regular though, that's dumb.
i have a buddy in vermont who owns a unimog, which he's driven in 2 feet of snow without issue. i've told him he should run it as an uber during blizzards.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Moved my desk to a new building. Tiny desk with low walled cubes. Loud and crowded. Blech. At least there is indirect sunlight and the sweet hum of cnc machines putting in the background.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i have a buddy in vermont who owns a unimog, which he's driven in 2 feet of snow without issue. i've told him he should run it as an uber during blizzards.
He'd make a killing. I don't think Uber would accept a car that old though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He'd make a killing. I don't think Uber would accept a car that old though.
the cab isn't exactly comfortable, but he could probably convert the cargo area to a seating section.

i remember when he bought it he had to flatbed it because it wasn't street legal. he has since remedied this.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had an interesting driving experience this weekend. I got the M onto summer tires yesterday and was enjoying everything that comes along with that. There is a banked, decreasing radius, 2-lane cloverleaf on ramp (with a very large wall behind it) near my house that makes for a fun turn. I went in, on the inside lane, parallel to a guy in a raised Suburban who apparently was incensed that he was being passed and decided to not let that happen. I didn't realize it was a thing until I heard his tires screaming like the world was ending as he was sitting in my blind spot. He was pushing the limit of that thing before we even hit the hook of the turn, soI decided to get the hell out of dodge because I was sure he was going to put it into the wall. Somehow he didn't, but he ended up way into the emergency lane and almost hit the light signal at the turn exit.

Once on the highway, he got up to about 100mph to catch me, because at that point I was close to a half mile ahead and doing 85 (yeah high speed limit areas!) to proceed to have a rage fit in his car. Thankfully my exit was the next, so I just waited to take a last minute lane change to avoid him.

WTF is wrong with people? Cars get passed all the time, it's not fucking NASCAR. The inside lane of a corner will almost always be faster because it's shorter, especially on a 50yd banked turn. A car is more likely able to go around the corner than a raised truck. Just wow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Had an interesting driving experience this weekend. I got the M onto summer tires yesterday and was enjoying everything that comes along with that. There is a banked, decreasing radius, 2-lane cloverleaf on ramp (with a very large wall behind it) near my house that makes for a fun turn. I went in, on the inside lane, parallel to a guy in a raised Suburban who apparently was incensed that he was being passed and decided to not let that happen. I didn't realize it was a thing until I heard his tires screaming like the world was ending as he was sitting in my blind spot. He was pushing the limit of that thing before we even hit the hook of the turn, soI decided to get the hell out of dodge because I was sure he was going to put it into the wall. Somehow he didn't, but he ended up way into the emergency lane and almost hit the light signal at the turn exit.

Once on the highway, he got up to about 100mph to catch me, because at that point I was close to a half mile ahead and doing 85 (yeah high speed limit areas!) to proceed to have a rage fit in his car. Thankfully my exit was the next, so I just waited to take a last minute lane change to avoid him.

WTF is wrong with people? Cars get passed all the time, it's not fucking NASCAR. The inside lane of a corner will almost always be faster because it's shorter, especially on a 50yd banked turn. A car is more likely able to go around the corner than a raised truck. Just wow.
BRO-DOZER

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

It's ///Madness, I tell you! ///Madness!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What a crappy way to start the week. Spent all of last night coughing on queue every 3 minutes. The type of repeating cough caused by some stupid itchy feeling in throat. I overdid the water intake throughout the night too, so in addition to coughing I was also up all night pissing. Got to sleep at probably 4am; to put it mildly, I feel more than a little groggy this morning.

But I should complain too much, we had some awesome fat biking conditions on both Saturday and Sunday.