Quantcast

Front range housing costs

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
First off, sorry, this isn't really biking related. I need some help w/ this one. What's the housing market like down there in the front range, especially Golden? I think I might want to try and buy a place in or near Golden for school so I don't have to toss away rent money. Is there anything reasonable for a 2-3 bdrm/1-2 bath, say in the $125 - 150k range within say like 5 miles of Mines so I can bike to school? I figure once I'm done w/ school, I can sell it to cover my student loans. Thanx in advance.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Pau11y said:
RM, are you in CO, or maybe even at Mines?
I was in colo for a couple of years. Golden isn't cheap. I wish I was at mines, I'd give my left nut to go there. What are you going to study?

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Ridemonkey said:
I was in colo for a couple of years. Golden isn't cheap. I wish I was at mines, I'd give my left nut to go there. What are you going to study?
I’ll be hitting Mines for Electrical Engineering & Comp Sci, concurrent degrees. It only takes an extra 6 months for both of them 'cause there's so much overlap. I'm also thinking about doing the Masters fast track, maybe physics of some flavor, in which case, I’ll change EE to a physics undergrad. BTW, if costs is the issue, it's pretty cheap to go in-state there, cheaper than CU.

COmtbiker12 said:
Where in Colorado were you?
I'm in Steamboat Springs, been here about 14-15 years. I haven't a clue on what real estate is like in the Front Range. Here, $150-170K will get you a decent condo or a pretty good house some 40-50 miles away. As for houses, there's nothing here for under 1/4 mil $.

SharedShtles said:
I dunno. You might be able to find a complete $hithole for that in Golden.

But I doubt it.

Might look at condos nearby?

-S.S.-
Thanx for the linky, I’ll check it out. Condos were exactly what I was thinking. A house is just too much work, and I’m a lazy sack :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Pau11y said:
<snip>

Thanx for the linky, I’ll check it out. Condos were exactly what I was thinking. A house is just too much work, and I’m a lazy sack :D
Check out condos around Green Mountain. Great location right at the base of the mountain. Probably about 5 miles to downtown Golden.

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
SkaredShtles said:
Check out condos around Green Mountain. Great location right at the base of the mountain. Probably about 5 miles to downtown Golden.

-S.S.-
Edit: And when you went to class, you could leave a little early, hit up a nice 5-6 miles of singletrack on Green Mountain, then hit up the bike path and ride path all the way to Mines.... :thumb:

I lived at Green Mountain for about 4 years. Great, great, *GREAT* location.

-S.S.-