Quantcast

Front/rear spring rates for 2013 Demo?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I'm 80kg. The medium comes with a 400lb spring on the back and a soft spring in the boxxer. Does that sound about right to you guys, or is it a bit whack? Seems very uneven to me, but maybe they put a soft in the boxxer because the bike has such a rearwards weight bias?

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
I'm 80kg. The medium comes with a 400lb spring on the back and a soft spring in the boxxer. Does that sound about right to you guys, or is it a bit whack? Seems very uneven to me, but maybe they put a soft in the boxxer because the bike has such a rearwards weight bias?
Shock Springrates are the same as in 2011 and 2012. I am around 88kg and rode/will ride again a 450lb spring and the hard (blue one) in the fork - that provided me a very balanced riding. Rode the medium spring in the boxxer a while too but prefered the hard one.........

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Rear spring sounds abour right for an average rider, if you factor in the actual sprig rate of your specific spring, riding style and if you are on clips or flats may make it sligthly off. I was around 88kg and used a 425 spring and it worked great.

For the boxxer i think you should try the medium, should be quite right at your weight. I tried the medium but reshimmed the compression to give a little more support. The fork became much better than when i used the hard spring. I think a lower rate spring helps the plushness so the fork can more easy brake the stiction but adding a little comp gives back some of the lost support.