Quantcast

fruit and veggie diet

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
.....for a cyclist...yea, nay, or eh?

i'm not exactly sure what a F&V diet consists of, but in my mind, i see it as basically a vegitarian diet w/o the carbs from pastas and such, not simply raw fruits and veggies. anywho, assuming the former, would this be a bad idea for a couple weeks (+ vitamin supplement)? i just don't get enough fruit and veggies in my diet, despite enjoying them. i'm thinking that if i surround myself with them for a couple weeks, i might then be able to incorporate meat back into my diet. i have tried incorporating veggies, but it never seems to work for some reason.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
You could do it if you added some tofu and soy products in as well. It's actually really easy to get enough fruit and veggies in - have a banana for breakfast and put some fruit in your cereal(I like blueberries because they are soooooo good for you). Have a piece of fruit as a morning snack or some carrots, and eat a vegetable with dinner.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
if you ride you need carbs period.. you need protein to rebuild the muscle you breakdown riding. if you ride considerable amount of miles a week you need to eat.