Quantcast

FSA Carbon Cranks

sod8

Chimp
Dec 10, 2001
Santa Barbara, CA
If I can get some money together, I would like to get a lighter crank and bottom bracket set up for my road bike. I currently have some older Cooks Brother Racing cranks. I just wanted to hear any comments you have on the FSA carbon cranks. I see them every where, and they look so pretty :drool:

I was specifically looking at these:SL-K with mega exo bottom bracket because they are about the most I would be willing to spend on the whole set up.

Post away!

-Shamus

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
I have had the FSA carbon fiber Superlight crankset for about three and a half months so far and it is wonderful. It is extremely rigid and I notice no flex from it when I'm out of the saddle or hammering up hills. I use an FSA ISIS drive BB with it, and though it is not the same as the integrated one you would be getting with that crank I think that the SL-K one will be just as good or better, and also lighter. I have nothing bad to say about the FSA products, even though I have only had mine for a short period of time, I can definitely see the quality and durability. And they also look really nice

goneskiian

Chimp
Oct 12, 2004
I raced a set of the Carbon Pro Team Issues and Issis BB the year before last and they were great! BTW, I'm a big guy, I race at about 190 lbs and I'm a Cat. 1.

Cheers!
-Ian

speedster

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
I've been on my FSA carbons for over a year on a FSA Ti BB and it has been pretty good. The only problem I had was the BB coming loose after a long ride but that was partially my fault. We have the SL-K MegaXO in our shop now and they are nice. If you can buck up for them, the K-Force MegaXO cranks are amazing.

recidivist

Monkey
Aug 29, 2002
Soquel, Cali
Yeah, so what's the rumor mill on the MegaExo stuff anyway? Good idea? Bad idea? Ugly idea?

I see they're available in the shops already...

sod8

Chimp
Dec 10, 2001
Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks to everyone who replied. Looks like I will be ordering up set pretty soon. I have the money, just need to convince myself to take it out of my savings. Also talked to the mechanic I go to today and he said he has not heard of any durability issues. The only negative thing that I have read was that the finish sratches kind of easily, but I usually take care of my stuff pretty well. The K-Force cranks look pretty damn nice, but they are a little too much $.