Quantcast

Ft. Carson

n00dlez

Chimp
Apr 4, 2007
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Right now I'm stationed in Germany but in a year or so I'll be heading to Ft. Carson for my next assignment. Don't know much about the area so I was hoping someone could tell me if theres any good DH locations near the post.

remdog

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Durango
Drive south on Nevada Street, and turn right on CO 112 (Lake Ave). Keep right on Lake, and circumnavigate the Broadmore Hotel. Turn left on El Pomar Park Road. Fork right at Old Stage Coach Rd. Once road turns to dirt, follow for another 12.5 miles. (if you do it this way its a long climb up, and a fast down, kinda a loop)

or you could ride up to it.....

Take Cheyenne Mtn Road past Helen Hunt Falls to the to where Lower Gold Camp Road is blocked by a gate.

Ride and hike up the Seven Bridges trail off the Gold Camp road trail, ride the Gold Camp all the way up and take FR 379 up to the trail head and stay to the left. This trail will take you all the way back to the Buckhorn and Bear Creek Trails.

Or shuttle up to FR 379 and follow the same path.
and thats how i do it, shuttle....
watch for motorcycles but they are mostly nice and curtious on this trail

Aug 1, 2007
Colorado Springs
REMDOG: Thanx for the info. I saw you mentioned your book in another post, on another thread. Where can i get my hands on a copy?

n00dlez: When will you be in the Springs? Always looking for others into FR & DH.

n00dlez

Chimp
Apr 4, 2007
Woodbridge, New Jersey
REMDOG: Thanx for the info. I saw you mentioned your book in another post, on another thread. Where can i get my hands on a copy?

n00dlez: When will you be in the Springs? Always looking for others into FR & DH.

In about a year, a long ways out I know but I wanted to get a feel for what the riding would be like out there and if anything would be in the area.

Aug 1, 2007
Colorado Springs
nOOlez: I'll be around. In fact I'm building up a couple of bikes right now, and will most likely be tied up with that for the rest of the season. When ever you get into town, giveme a shout. I'll be doing Jones DH and heading up to Keystone for the FR scene a lot next year. I'll send you a PM to give you the 411 ok bro?

Late