Quantcast

Ftbw 2010

John Jameson

Chimp
Nov 12, 2009
Right side of the Sierras
Hello Colorado folks. I will be making the long drive from Reno to the Bike Week again this year. Last year I pretty much did the classic xc trails with my old man. This year I am considering bringing my DH bike. Is it worth it? I don't know the area very well, and have no idea about possible fr/dh trails. Any input from the locals would be great.

Also, on Monday the 28th a badass bluegrass band (from my hometown in MN!) called Trampled by Turtles will be playing in town. I cannot believe that they are in CB while I am there:weee: These guys rip, and throw it down in a much more uptempo style than most bg bands. Check them out! :thumb:

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
If you're driving out and you have the room, I'd say heck yeah bring the DH bike. There's a Mountain States Cup race there over the weekend of 26-27 that has a downhill event, and although the track is not "gnarly" or anything it's a LOT of fun to ride! There are other DH trails accessed from the lift as well, plenty of run to keep you occupied for a day or so. And on your way out of the state, you might consider hitting some of the other DH spots: SolVista, Keystone, Winter Park, Telluride, something like that. Not sure what your route here and back from Reno is, but you'd probably be close to one of those areas at some point.

http://www.racemsc.com/events/wildflowerrush.html

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yes, I believe so. I'm not sure if they turn lifts during the week, you might check with the resort about that.