Quantcast

***FTS Monday GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! 6AM alarm made me grumpy and last night's uber-hot burger made me miserable. Now relaxing in my office chair, sipping coffee and waiting for the daily comedy to unfold. Bike might be ridden in the evening if I feel like swimming in the 90-100% humidity that we are enjoying today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Howdy. It's a one day work week for me...how cool is that. Head out tomorrow morning with Ruth to the USDF Region 7 Dressage Championships. She will be competing at 3rd level. I get to be the groom (read: shlep the heavy stuff around) for the week

coffee then off to drive the short bus for the day

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Recovering from a pretty good weekend. Got the house 90% sorted out after our move--just a few things left (thank Zeus). Got plastered and camped out with @jackalope at our trails Saturday night. 10/10 will do this again when the Fall weather really hits. This week looks only moderately shitty for a change so I've got that going for me as well.

Drunk fire is best fire.
IMG_5184.jpg

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The goal is to try to get in one after work ride this week after work and buy more stouts and a good bottle of gin. I try to keep it simple.

I really need some hot sauce too but I have not found a place with a real selection.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Currently sitting here at work useless cause I forgot my work laptop at home. Oops. Wifey is gonna rescue me on that one and deliver it in a few hours.

Had a good weekend camping and hiking. All 4 puppers behaved themselves when we went to the backcountry taproom hosted by an area brewery.

Still a bit conflicted over something I witnessed though. A couple brought their older dog out for his last hurrah. He made it up okay but was struggling hardcore on the way down. The couple ended up shortcutting a switchback (dude carried the probably 100 lb dog most of the way down) and someone called them out in a very obnoxious fashion. I offered to help carry the dog down but they declined. Dunno how to feel about it all other than uncomfortable.

TL:DR pictures. Fall is here. Enjoy it.

IMG_2710.JPG

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Good weekend. It was hot as hell, mid- to high-80s which is totally unseasonal. We went for a hike with the family on Saturday, splashed around in the lake afterwards, and hit the ice cream place on the way home. Then I had dinner with my wife at the spa (one of those thermal bath/sauna thingys). It’s not what I’d typically do on my birthday, but there was nothing else going on it town, so it was a nice break.

Yesterday I did a good ride in the sweltering heat, and had dinner with my best friend from high-school, and my brother and his daughter. Had take-out indian, with a couple of growlers from the brewery in my backyard. Their beer is quite good, but there’s better out there. Still, it’s nice to have a local brewery that will pour you fresh beer from the tap.

Four more days at work before VT… weather forecast is looking stellar; I hope I haven’t jinxed it by writing that…

Have a good week y’all…

Oh, and the commute to my new job is awesome: bike path along the river, by the Museum of Civilization, and across from Parliament. There was a beautiful fog on the water this morning.

edited to add photo. this was Friday's commute:

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Train to airport...hopefully shenanigans will be minimal.
Train to Union Station (G line?) then A line to DEN, or park near Union Station?
anybody hear how IAB did in his triathlon yesterday?
30 min over PR, hot day, glad he finished +/- 10 minute error.
Currently sitting here at work useless cause I forgot my work laptop at home. Oops. Wifey is gonna rescue me on that one and deliver it in a few hours.
Now is the time to schmooze and make yourself visible. Seem like you're doing something, at least through talking. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I rode to work today. I am once again contemplating a recumbent, because I'm a university professor, after all...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Lazy weekend with rain from noon Sunday until this morning. The rain was a welcome change and I didn't have to water my lawn. The wife and I started watching Transparent, it is really good.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Time to start thinking about turning home. HappyJack was good times on the bike yeeesterday.

How's the air quality in Montana? I can roll north through bozo and Missoula or head south for SLC and Boise.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Offer on the house was put in last night, tomorrow is being taken off to furiously get our house and backyard cleaned up and ready for pictures Wednesday, listing Thursday night, and showings starting Friday.

Still debating selling the M. The new house (if we get it) only has a super narrow 2 car garage and I have a lot of stuff. I'll likely be on the driveway with the M and the very narrow street for the Subaru, so it makes for tight parking of 3 cars. Also, I could really use the money for other things now too.

If we get the house, I'll need to put in a pretty sizable storage unit (8x10) too. I'm debating whether to use it for just the yard and house related tools or factor in the bikes and related as well. It won't be visible from the street and only visible from the house on one side. Still debating that option.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Here. Offer on the house was put in last night, tomorrow is being taken off to furiously get our house and backyard cleaned up and ready for pictures Wednesday, listing Thursday night, and showings starting Friday.

Still debating selling the M. The new house (if we get it) only has a super narrow 2 car garage and I have a lot of stuff. I'll likely be on the driveway with the M and the very narrow street for the Subaru, so it makes for tight parking of 3 cars. Also, I could really use the money for other things now too.

If we get the house, I'll need to put in a pretty sizable storage unit (8x10) too. I'm debating whether to use it for just the yard and house related tools or factor in the bikes and related as well. It won't be visible from the street and only visible from the house on one side. Still debating that option.
New house sounds like a PITA.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Good gravy, getting older is teh suck sometimes. Worked out in the yard this weekend....got stung by yellowjackets - now my legs look like I've been woofing down bath salts and Florida meth for several weeks. Cleaned out the gutters, rode the pumptrack and played some golf on Sunday. I feel like a truck hit me at high-velocity. Coffee fixes that, right?

I hear it's national cheeseburger day. I can get behind that.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
the day of the moon sucks but its really not that bad.
camped Saturday but didn't fish as my rod tip broke.
got mad points for my camp cooking again. Lamb chops, cous cous & homegrown squash > weenies on a fire.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Was stoked to score free lift tickets to the local DH hill yesterday! Was not stoked to go OTB first run and land on my head and come to a dead stop. Mild concussion and sore right side. Mainly PO'd that I missed out on the last day of the season for us. Feel hungover and uber tired this morning. I'll buy the first round of naps and water today.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Yup. About 2h door to airport. Minimal train shenanigans. TSA took about 5 minutes...that seems odd.

I suppose my flight will be delayed or cancelled at this point. :D
welp i just had a buddies flight get delayed from minneaplois to Denver, hope that doesnt mean bad news for you

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Mornin!

Still a bit conflicted over something I witnessed though. A couple brought their older dog out for his last hurrah. He made it up okay but was struggling hardcore on the way down. The couple ended up shortcutting a switchback (dude carried the probably 100 lb dog most of the way down) and someone called them out in a very obnoxious fashion. I offered to help carry the dog down but they declined. Dunno how to feel about it all other than uncomfortable.
i probably woud have kicked obnoxious guys cock and balls past his taint...up his ass...and kept on kicking until they exited his mouth if i were the dog owner.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was bored as fuck this weekend. Was pretty irritable on Saturday, went to some Oktoberfest event at some local breweries. Ended up drunk and irritable. Hard to believe that people with options would chose to do that kind of stuff on such a beautiful day.

Made some Cincinnati style chili on Sunday. Not quite right but still pretty good. Think I know what to change with the recipe for next time.

Last edited: