Quantcast

>>>FTS no Really FTS Fridump GMT<<<

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Dinner beer and drinks last night feeling it a little today.

Going full oldie hipster and joining a Rapha road ride tomorrow. I do not have a lot of success hanging with dedicated roadies but giving it a try tomorrow.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Yesterday was rough...checking acct. got hit by ID thieves. We are pretty vigilant about only keeping a small amount in there, but they hit us right at payday before we could transfer the money out to savings....ugh. Just when you climb the mountain, you get knocked back down.

On a positive note, there's coffee.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. I had to rebuild the fork again as it lost its negative spring springiness and became quite ishty to handle. My next fork will be a coiler again. Today should be quiet, a ride should take place (if the bike cooperates), and window restoration work shall eventually commence as well.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Good Morning!!

Yesterday was rough...checking acct. got hit by ID thieves. We are pretty vigilant about only keeping a small amount in there, but they hit us right at payday before we could transfer the money out to savings....ugh. Just when you climb the mountain, you get knocked back down.

On a positive note, there's coffee.
'that fuck?! I thought my day was going to suck, but that's another level. Is there any recourse? How did they access your account info? Is it related to the Equifax leak?

Got into an argument with my wife last at bedtime. Makes for a shitty sleep and a shitty morning, and a shitty day. Plus, it's my son's birthday this weekend, so I know he's going to be a little shit, on his worst behaviour all weekend ... Oh joy.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Rode down to the roaster yesterday for beans. Dual flatted and destroyed a rear derailleur on the way home. Super unimpressed by all that. Pretty much ruined my afternoon yesterday, so now I must accomplish all the things today, while also watching the kid, and somebody else's kid, while teachers have "work day". Oy. Also pretty hung over.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
'that fuck?! I thought my day was going to suck, but that's another level. Is there any recourse? How did they access your account info? Is it related to the Equifax leak?
I'm not sure...there are so many access points in which ones information can be obtained, it's just short of impossible to tell. They just happened to hit us with perfect timing. We'll have that money back in our account in 3-5 business days, and luckily we had just paid our mortgage/bills, so I'm not worried about a chain reaction...it's just highly inconvenient and lowers your expectations from you fellow human race-runners. Plus, it was several thousand dollars.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Been sleeping super shitty this whole week. I wish I could say tonight is different, but I know it won't be. It's weird, I used to be a fantastic sleeper until Junior year of college when something just snapped and I've slept poorly ever since.

Oh well, here's to looking forward to that 1 good night of sleep I get every 3 or so months!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Fuckin' A you guys... so much shit to do in the last month before we head to Baja. Holy crap. Did get out for the first proper night ride of the season last night, definitely going to make a habit of that again. Used to do it every week, like clockwork, all winter long. The last few years have been... sparse. Looking to change that this year. If the brewpub we stage out of decides to make those carnitas tacos a regular Thursday night special, that will help. Them little bastards were delicious... like pig fat cooked in pig fat kind of delicious.

I did the credit check freeze for free with all 3 agencies after that bullshit.
I need to get that done. Fack.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Oh hey there guys!

New day, new job search. Some new ones that I am actually qualified for popped up yesterday, so I applied for like, six jerbs!!

Today is house wife day--clean everything, laundry, make things cozy for my main squeeze when he gets home from work after another sleepless night. Oh, right, and let's throw in a super sloppy bike ride. It's been raining torrentially here. I like it slippery, so bring it on!! I am still a little scared of the slippery log piles though, I always feel like I'm going to go sideways, even with moar speed!

Got into an argument with my wife last at bedtime. Makes for a shitty sleep and a shitty morning, and a shitty day. Plus, it's my son's birthday this weekend, so I know he's going to be a little shit, on his worst behaviour all weekend ... Oh joy.
Oh man, did the whole argument the night before kids bday, spent the next day trying to make amends before the everyone was home again, crappy behavior (after his sleepover with friends with fart noises until 1:00am) thang. Best wishes to ya! Hang in there and drink moar beeeer!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Just another Friday. Should be a chill weekend with hiking and shopping for AT bindings and maybe some yoga and climbing gym with a farmers market trip mañana.
ate a bbq last night for dinner. found a legit place here so thats good. still looking for good tacos al pastor.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
saw the snowman last night.....end of movie sets it up for another which is good.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
saw the snowman last night.....end of movie sets it up for another which is good.
So it was alright? It's getting absolutely panned critically, which threw me off. I know the source material isn't exactly high literature, but i utterly adored the two previous English language films Thomas Alfredson has done and i can't really imagine him directing a complete failure.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So it was alright? It's getting absolutely panned critically, which threw me off. I know the source material isn't exactly high literature, but i absolutely adored the two previous English language films Thomas Alfredson has done and i can't really imagine him directing a complete failure.
i enjoyed it....critics are fucksticks....i would rather the harry hole books be a tv series.

i've enjoyed the books....could give two shits what high literature is.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
i enjoyed it....critics are fucksticks....i would rather the harry hole books be a tv series.

i've enjoyed the books....could give two shits what high literature is.
I usually don't pay much attention to critics, i just saw a snide remark about the film in a paper and then looked up the surprisingly low rottentomatoes score. I haven't read the book, but my girlfriend gobbles up pretty much every Scandinavian crime story she can get her hands on and enjoyed most of the Nesbo books. Them man who made Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy can't eff up that bad.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been a week since I got the pin out of the thumb. Been pushing the damn thing pretty hard but still little to no flexibility. PT hasn't gotten anywhere. I'm afraid my psoriatic arthritis has kicked in, this will make it especially hard to recover. Hand surgeon has ignored any concerns, off to my rheumatologist on Monday. He has always been pretty aggressive with anti-inflammatories..

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning fellas, coffeein, poop out. Three shots from my rifle yesterday, hole the size of a nickel at 100, moved to 200, three in a quarter. Moved to the wife's with a new load and powder..... Has to back down to 50 to start, but I did manage to drastically reduce her recoil so that's a plus.

In the process of sighting them both, I made a definitive decision that I need to address my shoulder. Not sure what is going on, but I can shoot my rifle, but I can no longer draw my bow. Either tore a muscle or damaged the rotator cuff. At least that's my guess. Appointment on Tuesday to start the process..... Nothing in particular I can remember doing, just years of abuse I guess.....

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Been a week since I got the pin out of the thumb. Been pushing the damn thing pretty hard but still little to no flexibility. PT hasn't gotten anywhere. I'm afraid my psoriatic arthritis has kicked in, this will make it especially hard to recover. Hand surgeon has ignored any concerns, off to my rheumatologist on Monday. He has always been pretty aggressive with anti-inflammatories..
ugh...aggressivee anti-inflammatories. makes me edgy just thinking about being on prednisone.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Waiting on the fucking plumber...appointment from 10-12...I says to the scheduler "So I gotta wait? She says "No,he will be there at 10... That was a fucking hour ago. I dont see no fucking plumber yet. Trying not to get mad...carnitas street tacos await if he getshere and gets done quickly enough. If not, John mad...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got my furnace started and cleaned. I need a new thermostat. The ziptie attached to the flex hose came off the run to the bathroom. Not sure how it came off. It is up in the ceiling and I need somebody small to reach in there and fix it so I don't have to redo the ceiling again...