In hell. Welcome!
Welp. It's actually meant to be...

Problem
Between
Head
Ass
Sniffles
FTFY

This week has been suckful and today wasn't any different. Ripped a center knob off my new Michelin tire ( -> kill list), then had a mechanical with new cranks, then dork logger decided to elevate the derp and stopped logging, then my wifey stole a half of my G&T. Chores and more chores planned for the weekend. Can this week be over soon, please?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Fuck you work. I'm out!

Time to prep the bike for shuttling in Tahoe tomorrow. Only problem is that I gotta wake up at the ass crack of dawn. I hate waking up early :shakefist:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

My mostly-new commuter bike. Belt drive single speed goodness. (The seemingly luminescent tires are from the flash on the phone + the reflective strip.)

Highlights, since I know you all want to know:

- Soma Wolverine frame, with a split right seatstay to allow for the belt and vertical but sliding dropouts
- Soma through-axle front fork
- XT hydraulic disc calipers mated to Shimano 105 hydraulic road brake levers
- Super solid wheelset: DT Swiss 350 laced up to XR 331 rims
- Nice parts to finish out the build since why not do it right? (Chris King, Thomson, Tubus)
- Aluminum 65 mm width fenders and a rack over 47 mm tires--not much extra room but it all works

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm guessing you have somewhere nice and secure for your commuter to spend the day while you work.

I think my NYC SS drop bar commuter cost $250 brand new and needed locks worth close to that to ensure it was still there at the end of the day :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm guessing you have somewhere nice and secure for your commuter to spend the day while you work.

I think my NYC SS drop bar commuter cost $250 brand new and needed locks worth close to that to ensure it was still there at the end of the day :D
I've seen a Yeti ASR with X01, dropper, whole 9 yards locked only by its top tube on the work rack. There are likely easier pickings out there, especially since I use a Kryptonite New York Legend 15 mm chain through both wheels and the frame.

If someone does decide to run off with my nice Thomson bits or the like I'll replace them and park the bike in my private office instead. It'd add 5 minutes to my day but that'd be super secure.