Quantcast

fucking prince

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just posted it in the gtm thread. Saw him once in 90 it was a really good concert.

Did he hire Michael Jacksons doctor?

The solo is so good from his Hall of Fame induction.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Maybe the same guy who caught him when he leaned back on stage. Prince must have had a guitar catching guy ready for him.

Can't wait to see how many guitars there will be for sale from his estate.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Worst first date of my life was spent watching Purple Rain, who can compete with that? I picked her up in a 1974 Toyota Carina and Prince spends half the film being sensitive, aloof and sometimes bad ass on a motor bike...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
He is dead. I have never had his pancakes either. I did drive by his house when I was in Minnesota. He had nice fences and shrubbery.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
really?

I've thought that solo was kind of "F-you" to the other guys playing with him. As to say, "I'm stuck up here with Tom Petty's chord-playing ass and no one is really 'playing' the guitar so I'm going to blast it out of this world"...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Never got into his stuff, but for a little guy he pulled some serious tail, so he was doing something right.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have employed numerous JVs over the years, they have all been above average workers with strong ethics and commitment to meeting expections. If this is cult based I'll have me some more.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Heaven's Gate was also filled with lots of well educated effective professionals, but that doesn't disqualify them as a cult or excuse brainwashing and tax theft from society. I am sure the people of Jonestown were good workers too.

Also your non random sample with a good work ethic doesn't change the fact that they're irrational cult members that oppose science, vaccines, blood transfusions, organ donations, and even birthday parties/holidays.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Heaven's Gate was also filled with lots of well educated effective professionals, but that doesn't disqualify them as a cult or excuse brainwashing and tax theft from society. I am sure the people of Jonestown were good workers too.

Also your non random sample with a good work ethic doesn't change the fact that they're irrational cult members that oppose science, vaccines, blood transfusions, organ donations, and even birthday parties/holidays.
I can only go on what I know, what I know is they are good family people who contribute positively to my community and are no more wacked out than the Pope. They also appear to be more tolerant than you, in my non random encounters of JVs, I have never heard one pass judgement in the way you have.

What's important to you probably isn't important to them, and vise versa.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Their published well established ignorance, not my personal judgment. Modern medicine and science is part of everyone's lives regardless of whether they're brainwashed or not.

Nobody benefits by reverting to the Dark Ages and cults are harmful as is well established in the field of psychology.

http://www.amazon.com/Life-How-Did-Get-Here-Evolution/dp/B0000EE14G
While I probably agree with you on most of what's published, it's not my call to establish what's right or wrong for others. People believe what they beleive, you think it's bad and have science to support you, they think it's good have their scripture to support them. I will error in support of their right to practice their religion as they choose even though I think most religions are suspect. But again, not my call.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
People believe what they beleive, you think it's bad and have science to support you, they think it's good have their scripture to support them. I will error in support of their right to practice their religion as they choose even though I think most religions are suspect. But again, not my call.
Fortunately civilized nations and individuals don't allow scripture as an excuse to deny basic human rights to people like Prince. Only backwards people actually believe the claim it's "religious protection":

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a44244/north-carolina-uk-travel-advisory/

Ridemonkey agrees that a religious prohibition on medical treatments is an egregious violation of human rights too:
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/pray-for-healing-vs-going-to-the-damn-doctor.199406/#post-2880405

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande