Quantcast

??? Fudgeit Friday ????

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
How can I possibly be the one to start this thread at 9:05 AM? Some monkeys must still be celebrating 4/20 in the shed. Good ride last night. I am regaining my comfort level on the bike during my commute home. having fun on few staircases and curbs along the way. I forgot how much of a core workout one can get from just hopping up a few curbs and executing some wheelie drops.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Is it Friday, yet? Yes it is! :banana:

The last part of the new drive train should be arriving today. It's raining here so there will be plenty of time for wrenching today. In other news, it looks like the Bruins postseason ends tonight. :disgust1:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Nope. You're it.

Cough remains. Looking at full day, then spring skiing tomorrow. Ski hill is getting about 2" and hour this morning but I can't bail on work. Tomorrow may be a pow day!

Got a new NW chainring for the hardtail so I'll put that on tonight.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Rain finally stopped and the sun is coming out. Forecast is looking much drier for the next few days. I'm thinking I'll hit up the BPW trails tomorrow morning.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. 5# lighter this morning than when I woke up. Coincidentally, I am no longer allowed to use the upstairs bathroom until Wifey has woken up. Hoping to get in a ride and pool day with Haley this weekend.

Boss is threatening to pay for my CFP, but that would require I stay for 1yr after completion. That locks me into my team for 2 years: one to prep, one to pay for it. I'm not sure $5k is worth the anchor as I can likely get that kind of income difference in one year of comp. Wifey and I will be discussing it in more detail this weekend.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Here. 5# lighter this morning than when I woke up. Coincidentally, I am no longer allowed to use the upstairs bathroom until Wifey has woken up. Hoping to get in a ride and pool day with Haley this weekend.

Boss is threatening to pay for my CFP, but that would require I stay for 1yr after completion. That locks me into my team for 2 years: one to prep, one to pay for it. I'm not sure $5k is worth the anchor as I can likely get that kind of income difference in one year of comp. Wifey and I will be discussing it in more detail this weekend.
Or you could just honor the repay agreement if a better opportunity arrives before your two years are up...

Also, morning Monkies!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I couldn't maintain body temperature last night. Sick as a dog. Didn't sleep well, clearly, but at least my fever broke about 3 AM. Therefore I'm at work, dragging ass.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Projected 71 and sunny today. Also projected, little to no productivity. FTSF is in full swing and the coffee isn't nearly strong enough.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
new black angels and kikagaku moyo to listen to....

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Or you could just honor the repay agreement if a better opportunity arrives before your two years are up...

Also, morning Monkies!
I absolutely would. The risk being that if I say 'no', she puts me onto the might quit list. I say 'yes' and an opportunity comes up internally, I might not be able to take it.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I absolutely would. The risk being that if I say 'no', she puts me onto the might quit list. I say 'yes' and an opportunity comes up internally, I might not be able to take it.
2 years commitment for $5k? Laughable. If they want long term commitment, they better come up with some reasonable equity sharing plan.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
In other news, a battery in my brand spanking new Dell XPS ist kaputt. The chassis gets uncomfortably hot when the PC is on, without any CPU load or running apps, both when on battery power or on charger. FTS :rant:Let's see how BBuy handles this unfortunate situation less than 3 weeks after I have acquired it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Holy balls am I sore, but the yard finally looks good again. Also, I need a new weed eater.

Wet and squishy out. Rained all night. Dog walk then ?????

Years ago I was offered the opportunity to spend a paid year in Bend/Redmond learning the finer points of putting together some pretty advanced composite aircraft at Lanciar/Columbia. While this was certainly an amazing opportunity, the thought of being locked into another 2 years at Troutdale Aircraft, owned and operated by the west coasts most unrepentant sociopath, was just WAY too much. Many things I regret, but saying no to that is not one of them.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
2 years commitment for $5k? Laughable. If they want long term commitment, they better come up with some reasonable equity sharing plan.
Hahaha. This is corporate America son, there's no equity sharing here.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Working hangover in full effect.....

Decided to drink myself silly while rebuilding the bb on my Roadie... Laughed at the antiquity of square taper on my bike, realized its been a trusty steed for a long time now!!

Got it shifting nice now too, ready to get my train on.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuckit Friday in full effect.

About to ride with the roadie girl I met on Tinder. She's ridden her new MTB a few times, but today will be the first taste of some real hills and roots. So many route options in this forest. :brows:

Also finally got around to returning my empties to the Beer Store. 300+ cans and 90ish bottles. Got myself some "free" beer. :D

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
A little hung over for fried food and drinks bonanza yesterday so I countered it with French onion soup burger, fries and a larger. Tons of stuff to do before I leave on Wednesday especially eat tons of good food with friends.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The last part of the new drive train should be arriving today. It's raining here so there will be plenty of time for wrenching today.
A late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

:rant::banghead::mad::disgust1::dead::thumbsdown: