Quantcast

*fug thoisday*

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ftfy.
I'm about this close > < to quittng drinking entirely. Aside from the social aspect of meeting a friend for a beer, I'm over it.
I did it when I was training before. Between that and no coffee, I became a very much more mellow and thinner person.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Still somewhat morning Monkeys.

Sunny and cold as f here. Not a fan when I forget the sunglasses. Found a cool crowd funded "retro game console" that is basically a small linux PC that runs MAME emulator. Ended up scoring an older Dell Optiplex 790 3rd Gen i7 desktop sans HD for $50 on ebay. I'll get an SSD for it and install my own system plus have a home desktop again (it's been about 5 years since my last). For less than $200, I'll have a pretty decent little box.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh, and my dog is awesome, just sayin. She continues to blow m away with her awesomeness. Not sure exactly how I got this lucky, but she is just perfect. I took the dirt jumper around the 'hood yesterday with a 4' leash and she had no issues with pace, spacing, and wasn't concerned with the bike or turning into me.

I did let her open up a little and she's got serious wheels. Still being a pup, I don't want to run her wide open just yet. But homegirl can straight haul ass.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I keep refreshing the fedex page hoping the delivery date changes to Friday ;_;
USPS just failboated me again...

We attempted to deliver your item at 12:08 pm on February 23, 2017 but could not complete the delivery because the employee did not have access to the delivery location. Your item will go out for delivery on the next business day.
I've been sat working, which has me looking out on my driveway since 6:30 this morning...

So much for my warranty returned dropper turning up today.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
when you guys talk about drinking... what do you mean? You get drunk every night? Or you have one beer/wine a day?
I enjoy a couple beers on the weekend sometimes. But I like porter/stout type beers. While you can get smashed on them, it isn't pleasant and they are quite heavy on the gut.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My barely employed neighbor (I think he works 2 days a week) drinks a solid 48+ a week (I see his wife carry it in every Friday). But he has sh!t else to do, too. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah, I'm at a can of beer a day. A 16 Oz can. I'm a lightweight (drinker) though. Even on boys drinking weekends I rarely can finish 3 cans of beer in a night.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What else are you supposed to do in the winter when not riding? Beer is really the only other alternative.

I'd give up the beers if the damn government would legalize the mary jane already. Come on, get with the times.

I'm at about 1-2 beers per night. Sometimes I open a third, but if I hit the bong shed, I usually pass out before I can attempt to finish. Win/win or win/lose situation there.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What else are you supposed to do in the winter when not riding? Beer is really the only other alternative.

I'd give up the beers if the damn government would legalize the mary jane already. Come on, get with the times.

I'm at about 1-2 beers per night. Sometimes I open a third, but if I hit the bong shed, I usually pass out before I can attempt to finish. Win/win or win/lose situation there.
I thought the bongshed WAS legal in your neck of the woods? :confused:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Made it to the aeropuerto in the nick of time to check my giant duffle and my bike. DIA ➡ LAX on deck right now then it's off to Kiwiland for the TransNZ Enduro. Catch y'all on the flip side, literally.

...rear end sounds like I have a baby bird in there for a damper. Chirp chirp chirp.
Maybe get that serviced more sooner than later. This chirping sound (in my experience) is a sign of a cavitated shock.

Ftfy.
I'm about this close > < to quittng drinking entirely. Aside from the social aspect of meeting a friend for a beer, I'm over it.
Kombucha and you can still be social. Bewm.

1-2 session IPAs per night.
this.

every beers a session beer if you're not a bitch
I drink 5-8 per night when on the Maah Daah Hey trail. :D
Plus trail beers. :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Shoveled 4-5" of snow off the drive, spent an hour plowing the neighborhood and got home to discover another 4" covering the driveway and paths around the house...

I drink 5-8 per night when on the Maah Daah Hey trail. :D
I never did that, did I?

Made it to the aeropuerto in the nick of time to check my giant duffle and my bike. DIA ➡ LAX on deck right now then it's off to Kiwiland for the TransNZ Enduro. Catch y'all on the flip side, literally.

Maybe get that serviced more sooner than later. This chirping sound (in my experience) is a sign of a cavitated shock.

Kombucha and you can still be social. Bewm.

this.

Plus trail beers. :D
That trail beer just about killed me. But it was goood...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Well....today was a bittersweet one. Wheels, tires and extras the guy sold me are just as mint if not more minter than advertised, very pleased. The sucky part, the 4x4 place forgot to send me my Fox shocks with my lift kit. So no lift this weekend....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Spend the day in Georgetown

75F today and more of the same tomorrow. Got some good food too. Going to see the main attractions tomorrow as the wife had never been here before. Then heading to Charlottesville for a lot of beer with my friend who runs a brewery.

Last edited: