Quantcast

Full page GMC ad

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I keep getting this extremely annoying GMC truck ad every few threads I open. I pmed BV about it about a week ago, but its still here and has actually gotten worse..:think: I'm turning my adblock back on until this is resolved.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sorry, work has gone to heavy internet filters so it's harder for me to communicate with people like Doug now when there's a problem. I am adjusting, I just read your PMs and then forgot I had done so because I couldn't immediately fire off a communication to Doug with the problem.

Okay, so I have finally seen what it is; could this be one of those rollover ads? I have found the GMC ad and it's got one of those rollover buttons, only this one expands to fill the whole page.

I'm not saying it's not annoying, I'm just trying to differentiate between this kind of ad, and the interstitial ads that we had a problem with a little while ago; the ones that actually bring you to an interim page and say "Click here to continue"

Could this be one of those rich media ads?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, it was a rollover but it didn't seem to account for the user's resolution. When I got the popup after rolling over the ad, I had space on the bottom and sides of the ad, and on the far right hand side there was a close button.

I saw your screenshot, though, the ad was just overshooting your resolution and hiding the close button.