Quantcast

fvcking aurora colorado

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Four hit and runs in LA in the lsat 24 hours as seen on the local news tonight, at least four people are dead because of it. I think we should outlaw cars in LA because that would eliminate hit and run deaths.
Ummmm....

Getting a drivers license is more difficult and more regulated than buying a gun. Hell getting my wife's license changed from MA to CA was harder than buying a gun. Even getting my registration renewed is more of a pain than buying a gun.

Other than that good argument. It's getting a little repetitive though:

"if assault weapons should be outlawed because they can kill people than spatulas should also be outlawed because I could kill someone with a spatula"

"if assault weapons should be outlawed because they can kill people than plastic bags should also be outlawed because I could kill someone with a plastic bag"

"if assault weapons should be outlawed because they can kill people than dead babies should also be outlawed because I could kill someone with a dead baby"

Chimp
Mar 22, 2011
The idea that arming the populace is the answer to suppressing these occasional lunatics is not the answer. I'm not so sure that being in a room of hopeful vigilantes in a hail of well-intended gunfire will turn out good. Taking out a perp under duress, as an armed citizen, is not for the average Joe. Law enforcers can attest to that.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
If you get shot accidentally, you can be a "hero", right? And if you shoot someone accidentally, that could be considered a heroic act.

I fail to see the problem.