Quantcast

*G*M*T*Mundane*T*M*G

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Hope everyone had a good x-mas. Didn't get anything too crazy but the little one made out like a bandit with gifts from grandparents. Already spend a couple gift cards I got on bike stuff cause it seems this ski season is gonna be far from amazing.

Another 3 day work week for me then another 4 day weekend. :happydance:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Supposed to have the week off but I am working this morning. Shit needs to get done and everyone else is on vacation. See how that works?

Poop is imminent.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hmmmm, up at 7:30. I remember when seeing in on vacation meant noon.

Not too cold here but plenty windy. My assignment today is to buy a new vacuums. We're going to get a Dyson cordless and maybe a cannister type.

Don't let the mundane fool you, if I make the wrong choice I'll hear about this for years - this is serious business!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hmmmm, up at 7:30. I remember when seeing in on vacation meant noon.

Not too cold here but plenty windy. My assignment today is to buy a new vacuums. We're going to get a Dyson cordless and maybe a cannister type.

Don't let the mundane fool you, if I make the wrong choice I'll hear about this for years - this is serious business!!
There is nothing a cordless vacuum can do that a broom cannot.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I hope I can order some new rims today for the bike.

Other than that, my day shall consist of coffee, some food and maybe a movie.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We're going to get a Dyson cordless
Don't do it! :panic:My Dyson cordless is rotting in a dark corner somewhere. Even when new, it would not last for more than 5 minutes, a year later, it would not do more than 5 seconds. Since the battery is not replaceable, it is just a posh, expensive POS for dentists' households.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm at work: M-Th, Friday off, working Saturday 7a-5p. Hey, it pays the bills.

Supposed to have the week off but I am working this morning. Shit needs to get done and everyone else is on vacation. See how that works?

Poop is imminent.
How's the job search coming?

There is nothing a cordless vacuum can do that a broom cannot.
I have high hopes for this one: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00LIV0QJU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2MAENLQQTXOQX&coliid=IFQC3JHV2YIET . Takes same 18V Li-ion batteries as other Makita power tools.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and as much as i loathed itunes...the music sold did not contain the digital chirps and farts that google or amazon contains in their music sold.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm at work: M-Th, Friday off, working Saturday 7a-5p. Hey, it pays the bills.

How's the job search coming?

I have high hopes for this one: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00LIV0QJU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2MAENLQQTXOQX&coliid=IFQC3JHV2YIET . Takes same 18V Li-ion batteries as other Makita power tools.
I have an informal verbal job offer back in Seattle. But two months later they are still working the offer through corporate red tape. Unfortunately the verbal part of the offer did not include any terms, so I don't know if it would be worth accepting.

Talked to my old boss a few months ago at Merck. He wanted me to come back. I think I will touch base with him to see what we could work out. That job drove me nuts but I really like the folks I worked with.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have an informal verbal job offer back in Seattle. But two months later they are still working the offer through corporate red tape. Unfortunately the verbal part of the offer did not include any terms, so I don't know if it would be worth accepting.

Talked to my old boss a few months ago at Merck. He wanted me to come back. I think I will touch base with him to see what we could work out. That job drove me nuts but I really like the folks I worked with.
Seems your desire to flee is strong, rather than jonkranked's daily threats to quit. :D

But that doesn't have the bullshit made up marketing cache of the V6 DIGITAL MOTOR that the dyson has. How can you vacuum without a V6 motor?
V-12, V-8, or I-6 for lyfe, yo. Gotta have that intrinsic balance in a hand vacuum.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Holiday weekend was good up until it was time to head home. Someone decided they needed my jacket and backpack out of our rental car, so they broke the drivers side rear door window and took them. $225 for new glass, should have got the rental insurance (usually do, but not for the week long rental). And after driving this thing, I can say without a doubt I will not be buying a Lesbaru Forester, evar.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seems your desire to flee is strong, rather than jonkranked's daily threats to quit. :D

V-12, V-8, or I-6 for lyfe, yo. Gotta have that intrinsic balance in a hand vacuum.
If my hand vacuum does not generate power via a reciprocating drive system, I'm not interested.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Don't do it! :panic:My Dyson cordless is rotting in a dark corner somewhere. Even when new, it would not last for more than 5 minutes, a year later, it would not do more than 5 seconds. Since the battery is not replaceable, it is just a posh, expensive POS for dentists' households.
Uh oh... too late. I got a Dyson V-6 Animal and a basic Dyson ball upright. If they turn out to be crap they can both be returned within 90 days. I read the info on line, it appears the batteries on the newer models can be replaced and they are guaranteed to run for 18 minutes without loss of suction. You can't get that on 7th Avenue.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mothership is nudging me towards signing a unique (read: wicked shitty) equity sharing plan that will pay me peanuts ten years from now if things go well (or coconuts if things explode unicorn style), yet that is laden with landmines like non-compete or non-soliciting covenants, or agreeing to resolving disputes in courts in certain tax havens. Yeah, where do I sign? :rolleyes:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mothership is nudging me towards signing a unique (read: wicked shitty) equity sharing plan that will pay me peanuts ten years from now if things go well (or coconuts if things explode unicorn style), yet that is laden with landmines like non-compete or non-soliciting covenants, or agreeing to resolving disputes in courts in certain tax havens. Yeah, where do I sign? :rolleyes:
Is the Mothership aware of the cost of Litigation? Unless they have a well funded Legal situation nobody will do well except the Lawyers and a few Consultants.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Uh oh... too late. I got a Dyson V-6 Animal and a basic Dyson ball upright. If they turn out to be crap they can both be returned within 90 days. I read the info on line, it appears the batteries on the newer models can be replaced and they are guaranteed to run for 18 minutes without loss of suction. You can't get that on 7th Avenue.
a hooker on cofax will suck longer and harder than a dyson.....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
awd made it too hard to put on roof?
Maybe it is just the AWD system, but it just feels funky going down the road. It seemed to do well going over the pass and didn't have to chain up, so that was nice. But it is noisy as hell, too. But I sure as hell wasn't going to put chains on the Vette for this trip, so the rental served its purpose. :rofl: