Quantcast

Gaaa! Why did i do that?! (i need some help putting a hope XC hub back together)

Oct 28, 2003
So, I was taking the Cassette off my hub and the rotor body came with it (to to some gouges in the splines from the cassette) any hoo, I'm looking at the pawls floating around in the hub body against the berings and the springs still stuck to rotor body... how do I position the pawls so this thing fits back together? And while I'm at it, I'd like take out the axil so I can repalce it with a bolt on...

BTW, Its a Hope XC.

Thanks,
Mike. :stupid:

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
You kinda stick the pawls on top of the springs so that the rounder part fits into the freehub body and the sharper part will engage the teeth on the hub shell -- you need a modicum of spacial relations ability to see how it "should" function.

As for putting the freehub back onto the hub shell, there should be a thin sleeve that you can slide down over the pawls to hold them in place, compressing the springs. When you slide the fhub body into the hub shell, the sleeve will slide up out of the way and allow the pawls to engage the teeth.

As for getting the axle out, I'm not 100% sure you can do that with an XC hub, I'm thinking just the Bulb? That may be for the 12mm thru axle convert that I'm thinking of. Anyway to get the axle out, take off the freehub and both bearing caps, and smack the axle with a hammer, it'll fall out and probably take at least one set of bearings with it.