Quantcast

GABF sold out 49,000 tickets in under 45 minutes

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Too expensive.
There's an insanely good beer festival out here in Madison, but the price is up to $55 (almost as high as GABF tickets). For $110 (between the wife and I) I'd much rather go to a bunch of pre-parties the week before and spread it out as opposed to cramming all the drinking in in ~4 hours on a Saturday afternoon (usually with disastrous results).

MooseComa

Chimp
Aug 2, 2012
We tried to get tickets right when they went on sale today but apparently all the ticket brokers and scalpers got to them first. You (or your friends) wouldn't happen to have four extra tickets to the Friday session would you?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There's an insanely good beer festival out here in Madison, but the price is up to $55 (almost as high as GABF tickets). For $110 (between the wife and I) I'd much rather go to a bunch of pre-parties the week before and spread it out as opposed to cramming all the drinking in in ~4 hours on a Saturday afternoon (usually with disastrous results).
Yea, thats pretty much my thought process as well. For the same price I can buy a sh*t ton of beer at anyone of the very well stocked liqour stores and enjoy it at home without the crowd/potential DUI.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Considering that THIS is the full list of pre-parties from last year (this year should be as good or better, but list is still being compiled), I'm pretty sure my damage could easily be spread out between Thurs, Fri and Sunday (morning, Kegs n Eggs at the local). The Great Taste is held ~2.5 miles away and is easily bikable. Thank god and the state legislature for no OWI/DUI on a bicycle. :)

edit: Actually, the full list for this year is HERE.

Last edited: