Quantcast

Gaim, better than AIM

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Tired of AIM (aol instant talk thing)? Just found out its a hole in ur pc's security and you can get spyware. Some one told me to download GAIM, has any one here tried it instead of instant message? :think:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
dh girlie said:
you can access your buddy lists from all 3 on that? I'm assuming it's a gmail thingy?
Yep...pretty damn cool, pretty slick too once you get used to the interface. It is like Aim (which I always hated) so it was weird at first.

There is another program which isn't as good but even support IRC groups as a buddy list. Pretty slick

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Roasted said:
Yep...pretty damn cool, pretty slick too once you get used to the interface. It is like Aim (which I always hated) so it was weird at first.

There is another program which isn't as good but even support IRC groups as a buddy list. Pretty slick

Huh...do the messages just pop up on your screen like AIM? I like that to NOT happen...especially with all my online sex chats...can't have the boss standing here when 1hugedong AIM's me...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Roasted said:
You can change how the windows react. It isnt as in your face as aim is...

1hugedong haha..classic

HAHAHA...there is one guy that has sent me a yahoo im several times and it is some weird name like that and he's always asking if I'm interested in 'sexy chat'...it's like gotdamn dude...how friggin desperate are you to solicite 'sexy chat'...aren't there specific chat rooms for that stuff? I finally figured out I could put him on ignore...:rolleyes:

SilentBiker

Chimp
Jul 7, 2004
Asheville, NC
I've used both, (Trillium and Gaim), and have grown to like Gaim much better. It has a few flaws that have yet to be worked out, but other than those few bugs, Gaim rocks. I love the aliasing feature...

-Carl

There is Gaim in action...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Is it AIM giving me all that spyware crap? ever since I updated I've been getting popup crap...even after I killed weatherbug. Damn. I don't want a trilliany program, I like how my MSN is setup....

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i tried both and didn't like either for various reasons, so i just downloaded AIMutation and run MSN and AIM.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Duhhh I know how to keep my compy spyware free :p

I'm just thinking it's AIM...stoopid aim.

What is this AIMutation you speak of?