Quantcast

Galbraith, Sunday 28th ride, roll call

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Ok, I decided to make a new thread for this ride. So, who's gonna be there for sure? I think that 10:30 AM meeting at the Whatcom Falls Park parking lot would be the best. A new trail has been completed near towers, I will include it into the route because I want to ride it, I helped build it, its a good trail.

To get a weather report click here.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Hahaha - sounds like it's going to be fun if the first part of this thread is any indication. I'm still on the fence. I may be meeting an old buddy down at our local joint, but if he backs out of it then I think I'll be into it.
It's only Monday - I'll know for certain by Friday.:think:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
dwaugh said:
Dont listen to him, if he cant complete ninja school due to partying too much, dont ever trust him for good directions.
i'm just amazed at how fast these youngins learn these days......
:dancing:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
dwaugh said:
You should be. Maybe I could be your master and you be my apprentice, we can start where you dropped out.
no as i've aged i've learned that being a wimp has it's benefits. Running away is alot better than getting a kick in the junk. :nuts:

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Skookum said:
no as i've aged i've learned that being a wimp has it's benefits. Running away is alot better than getting a kick in the junk. :nuts:
Well of course you would say that, you never even lerned how to fight correctly! And for all I know you never even learned how to run from a fight correectly either...

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
i want to go but i have to work sat night till 6am sun morning then I have to pic up my fiance at the port townsend ferry, I won't be back to b'ham till after 8. The problem would be sleep, or lack there of.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Skookum said:
This is how I keep Ethan in line! That picture is from my first trip up there... :thumb: I like how you cut us out Skook!

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
I might be into it if I don't go skiing. How long and how tech? I'e got a XC bike, I'm in good shape but not good at tech. Would need ride from Seattle.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
joelsman said:
i want to go but i have to work sat night till 6am sun morning then I have to pic up my fiance at the port townsend ferry, I won't be back to b'ham till after 8. The problem would be sleep, or lack there of.
oh that's easy, just sleep at work. :) Sorry to hear you won't be makin it, hopefully a meteor falls from the sky onto your workplace and destroys it, then you can join us. :cool:

Dave_Schuldt said:
I might be into it if I don't go skiing. How long and how tech? I'e got a XC bike, I'm in good shape but not good at tech. Would need ride from Seattle.
Prob around 15 or so miles, with some forest road elevation climbing mostly. The singletrack we'll be hittin is on the technical side but it's still XC. Most of the advanced stuff on Bobs have go arounds and heck if nothing else, no better way to work on your technical ability than to jump onto some technical trails. :)

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I'll probably be going to SST with mike and meeting Andy there. If someone wants to give me a ride though...
I might even give you some gas money!!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Weather forecast is looking real good, so what's up peeps...
i'm most likely driving up, and i've got 3 people possibly riding with me. But then again maybe not haha. so Andy and Pat whatcha thinkin?
Pat if i get more people who ride up with me, i will definately stop by your pad and/or we can meet you and Kevin/Amy up north somewhere easy to find. And i may be able to move one more bike to my rear rack.
Oly who's your ride?

Time to get things dialed in.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
i'm down, my friend is down. what time you wanna show up at my house?:)

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
The Mutoli's are probably going. I think Mr. McDaniel will be with us too along with some others....What time are you meeting there?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MUTOLI said:
The Mutoli's are probably going. I think Mr. McDaniel will be with us too along with some others....What time are you meeting there?
We're meeting at Whatcom Falls Park at 10:30.

Joy-Ethans been there when he first went with Bart and me, it's pretty easy to find. Dwaugh might wanna put up direction i'm too lazy right now.
pnj said:
i'm down, my friend is down. what time you wanna show up at my house?:)
Pat-Sweet! i'm thinking around ninish because right now i'm having a serious brain fart.... i can't remember how long it takes to drive up there 1.5 hrs or 2 hrs. We gotta be up there at 10:30 so 2 hrs before that would be the time.....

Man i overdosed on spaghettin and garlic bread after a Lake Saywer ride today. i feel comfortably dumb.....

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Skookum said:
We're meeting at Whatcom Falls Park at 10:30.

Joy-Ethans been there when he first went with Bart and me, it's pretty easy to find. Dwaugh might wanna put up direction i'm too lazy right now.

Man i overdosed on spaghettin and garlic bread after a Lake Saywer ride today. i feel comfortably dumb.....
Mmmmmmm, spaghetti...... Oh yeah, directions, lets see. Well, I know how to get there, but sorry, I dont know the freeway exit number. Anyone else know? But I do know that there will be a Fred Meyer store to your right when you are heading north. Take Lakeway past fred meyer, and past cost cutter - keep going til you get to whatcom falls park. That's the best I can do. Sorry.

On a different note, I rode up to towers today and took part of the route that I have planned... other than two downed trees on one trail and a heck of a lot of mud it was fine. I had a good time. Be prepared to get muddy.
Well, see all of you on Sunday. I'll probably have one friend with me.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
dwaugh said:
Mmmmmmm, spaghetti...... Oh yeah, directions, lets see. Well, I know how to get there, but sorry, I dont know the freeway exit number. Anyone else know? But I do know that there will be a Fred Meyer store to your right when you are heading north. Take Lakeway past fred meyer, and past cost cutter - keep going til you get to whatcom falls park. That's the best I can do. Sorry.
Haha and you're gonna lead us on the ride eh?
:p

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Tim, what time you leavin seattle? Im supposed to ride with kev/amy, but they didnt say what time im supposed to be there, and i cant contact them..... :( . Daniel also called yesterday and may have tomorrow off. I can maybe ride with him if i dont hear back from k/a. I may just call ya today instead of playing RM tag...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
Tim, what time you leavin seattle? Im supposed to ride with kev/amy, but they didnt say what time im supposed to be there, and i cant contact them..... :( . Daniel also called yesterday and may have tomorrow off. I can maybe ride with him if i dont hear back from k/a. I may just call ya today instead of playing RM tag...
Yah pretty typical RM ride haha. Sounds like Me, You, Joy/Ethan, Pat and freind are solid. We'll make it work one way or the other. But yah just call and we'll get everything hammered down by tonight.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
trailhacker said:
Amy is coming back in town tomorrow with her mom. Her Grandma is back in the hospital. So we are both out.
i'm sorry to hear about that. Here's to hopin she gets better soon, i know from experience that grandmas are tough.

evilbob said:
See you all in the morning. :evil:
cool bobs goin!

Hey just in case here's directions to Whatcom Falls Park
Lakeway East exit 253
Loops back facing south you want to go left on Lakeway heading east
road splits turn onto Electric Ave. staying left
Shortly after split before Exxon hang a left
Parking lot dead ahead

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
now i realy realy will be there. got my bike together and it works great. i'll be testing it out on it's first ride with all of you.
kai-

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Skookum said:
Haha and you're gonna lead us on the ride eh?
:p
Hey, I never said anything like that!

:p I just threw on a hayes mechanical front brake, just so I can have front brake. Anyone trade me a good hayes hydro for a dead magura hydro? ;)
I'm ready, also, sometime tomorrow the downed trees are gonna be cleared from the trails. :)