Quantcast

Galby-Trail Work Sunday

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
whimps VP said:
A couple issues here first, whoever built this drop had no permission. :nope: Second it was poorly built-- the cribbing was made of rotting logs the base material was mostly organic both lead to premature failure. :nope: Third Bob disliked it for all the above reasons an others. Bob is an exceptional builder and for most part has an open ticket to build on “bobs” with little WHIMPs involvement.
Fair enough. My friend said it was well built and lots of fun, so I took him at his word. If it was a poorly built stunt, then I am all for it's fixing, unless it is irrepairable (is that a word?), and if it is, then get rid of it.
As to permission, we need to contact the WHIMPs every time we want to build/modify something, or can we just get a "pass" if we're reliable builders? If the former is the case, then I'll just stick to the Snake. I knew there was a reason I didn't put too much effort into Galby. Too much red tape. Reminds me too much of work.

whimps VP

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
Bellingham
Agenda for tonites meeting

Opening Welcome/Introductions-Mark

What have we done -
Trail Work-Darren
Web-Site-Mark
DJ Park-Mark
Group Rides-
Park's Liason-Mark
Grants-REI tool Grant/Darren
Public Face on our sport-Mark

Goals for the Future
Trail connections-Darren
Web site Revamp-Mark
Trillium Stewardship agreement-Mark
WHIMP FEST-INDY Series
Membership Expansion-Public Education Campaign-Mark
Galbraith Signage

Challenges-Mark & DC
Satisfying the diverse wants of MTBers-
Un-authorized Illegal Building-Velo News Article-
Funding-
Park Budget Cuts-Mark
Increased Voluneers needed in other arenas than Trail work-Sign Up sheet provided-Grant Writer, WWU Liason, Public Schools/Youth Liaison, Opening on City Bike Ped committee, Membership administrator, WEB Revamp, Any other misc. stuff folks want to do?

Open Question and Answer Period-Mark and DC
Written responses requested-Forms Provided

Thanks to All-Mark and DC
Special Thanks-Ryan Rickerts, Darren, Fleenor, Patrick Doll, Ben Cashman, David Waugh-WHIMPs At Large

Video Premier-New World Disorder 5