Quantcast

>>> Gardening Sunday GTM <<<

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Since all our bikes are still on a boat I have been working out in the garden which needs some love after lack of care especially the last year before we bought the house. A lot of weeds and I have moved some plants around and planted more grass.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Ride to work, attempt 2.

More "other dog" issues with dog #3 and it is stressing me right the fuck out. She will get put down if something doesn't change. I cannot, and will not, tolerate an aggressive dog.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

Ride to work, attempt 2.

More "other dog" issues with dog #3 and it is stressing me right the fuck out. She will get put down if something doesn't change. I cannot, and will not, tolerate an aggressive dog.
You need to tell that bitch who's boss.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Was up 'til midnight with a buddy changing out the clutch on his tacoma. Brutal job when it's 90 degrees at 9pm. Thinking very mellow ride with the pup this morning then beers to beat the heat.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Going whale watching with the in-laws today. Planning on doing a factory Santa Cruz demo while in Santa Cruz and they squeeze another in with possibly Marin or Pivot later this week.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Slept till 10AM, chances of accomplishing anything are running thin. Perhaps I'll paint a segment of a garage door, mow the lawn, ride the bike, drink some beer.
#idratherbeinthemountainsridingeffingbikeslikeamadman

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Made condo reservations in Steamboat months ago.
Just drove to Steamboat.
Discovered they've got the gondola closed until next Friday.
It was supposed to be open by now as we checked when we made the reservation.
???
No profit.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, handsome gentlemen. I ran a 5K in 19:29 this morning. I tried to run faster but my inability to run faster prevented that. 5th place overall (out of 217) and I took the age group win which earned me a pint glass. Then I got home and ride 33 miles on the douchey tri bike. I should probably eat something now.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
How did your 70 mile death march ride/race go the other weekend, @6thElement ?
Bad course markings compared to the race provided gps track caused me to run out of water just prior to the mile 50 aid station in the 95f temps. So with 30 miles to go i said eff it and DNF'd for only the third time ever.

Cool to start the race at Mount Rushmore though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Bad course markings compared to the race provided gps track caused me to run out of water just prior to the mile 50 aid station in the 95f temps. So with 30 miles to go i said eff it and DNF'd for only the third time ever.

Cool to start the race at Mount Rushmore though.
Oof. Even riding back to the car after that sounds painful. You did drive up there, right? :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Continental Divide trail to Fish Creek - do it and let me know the conditions. :D

We're headed up there next weekend...

Searle did not kill me. Was concerned that the quads were getting... crampy, but a breakfast burrito and brownie at the pass seemed to fix things up.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Continental Divide trail to Fish Creek - do it and let me know the conditions. :D

We're headed up there next weekend...

Searle did not kill me. Was concerned that the quads were getting... crampy, but a breakfast burrito and brownie at the pass seemed to fix things up.
With the lack of lift for the DH bike we decide to go for a trail ride, thunderstorm rolled in and started blowing down trees. Decided it wasn't a good day to ride...

Trying to find a shuttle back up to Dumont TH, I don't think there are any official ones though are there??

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
jaysus
the video starts pretty much at the corner of my office building, and I ride my bike up that lane every day to go get my son at daycare... A woman was killed there last year, hit by a dump truck turning right. I was actually hit about 7 years ago there, when a full sized van looking for parking pulled a u-turn in front of my me (I wasn't running a red light, but that definitely prompted me to ditch the fixie)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
With the lack of lift for the DH bike we decide to go for a trail ride, thunderstorm rolled in and started blowing down trees. Decided it wasn't a good day to ride...

Trying to find a shuttle back up to Dumont TH, I don't think there are any official ones though are there??
Not that I know of... but maybe Lyft/Uber in SS has bike capability? :brows:

I got an update on the Divide Trail - "dry for July" but FS still has not cleared trees. Report is upwards of 100 trees down on the trail.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
jaysus
the video starts pretty much at the corner of my office building, and I ride my bike up that lane every day to go get my son at daycare... A woman was killed there last year, hit by a dump truck turning right. I was actually hit about 7 years ago there, when a full sized van looking for parking pulled a u-turn in front of my me (I wasn't running a red light, but that definitely prompted me to ditch the fixie)
WTF. It doesn't look particularly green in color on my phone, but the green/bottom light for traffic going the direction of the filming car seemed to be lit up. Based on that, seems like the cyclist went against his light. I can see how the car that hit him might not have seen him, given the dash cam car probably blocked the cyclist from their view.

Horrifying. At least the cyclist seemed to pop up from the impact. Any more info on the outcome?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
WTF. It doesn't look particularly green in color on my phone, but the green/bottom light for traffic going the direction of the filming car seemed to be lit up. Based on that, seems like the cyclist went against his light. I can see how the car that hit him might not have seen him, given the dash cam car probably blocked the cyclist from their view.

Horrifying. At least the cyclist seemed to pop up from the impact. Any more info on the outcome?
Yeah, the cyclist ran the red. Somehow he was fine. But he got hit with a fine for running the red: http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/ottawa/cyclist-struck-dramatic-video-1.4207758