Quantcast

Gary Fisher RIG 29er

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
I think Im gonna sell the spot and get one of these babies.I rode one in Salida this weekend and it was Super Duper fun. Anyone know of any used ones for sale?

Anyone interested in my SPOT?:help:

I can send the specx

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I'm with you, 29 is fun! Be careful with the thread titles though or we'll get N8 screwing up this forum too. ;)

Be careful buying a used Rig. There is a known issue with a batch of GF 29ers that have screwed up rear tire clearance. GF is handling the problem well, free smaller tires for a temp fix, new frame down the road, but there could be people looking to ditch their faulty bikes rather than wait for the fix. I'm not sure if the fix applies to anyone but the original buyer.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
BikeGeek said:
I'm with you, 29 is fun! Be careful with the thread titles though or we'll get N8 screwing up this forum too. ;)

Be careful buying a used Rig. There is a known issue with a batch of GF 29ers that have screwed up rear tire clearance. GF is handling the problem well, free smaller tires for a temp fix, new frame down the road, but there could be people looking to ditch their faulty bikes rather than wait for the fix. I'm not sure if the fix applies to anyone but the original buyer.
Thnx for the info ... Good to know.. I think ill be buying a new one from a friend who has a connection... but I appreciate the info:-)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I can't wait to get my SS 29er on the trails. It's been a painful winter looking at a naked frame in the stand while I slowly collected the parts to put it together. I'm just waiting on my rims now so I can get the wheels built.

miSSionary

Chimp
Oct 7, 2005
JOJO said:
I think Im gonna sell the spot and get one of these babies.I rode one in Salida this weekend and it was Super Duper fun. Anyone know of any used ones for sale?

Anyone interested in my SPOT?:help:

I can send the specx
Did you test yours at Absolute Bikes in Salida?? Don't know about used but Shawn the owner of Absolute in Salida has great deals!! He also does a year or two same as cash I think. Great bike.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
miSSionary said:
Did you test yours at Absolute Bikes in Salida?? Don't know about used but Shawn the owner of Absolute in Salida has great deals!! He also does a year or two same as cash I think. Great bike.

Actually yes cuz im dating one of the employees there:rolleyes: small world huh!

miSSionary

Chimp
Oct 7, 2005
JOJO said:
Actually yes cuz im dating one of the employees there:rolleyes: small world huh!
Well they are a GREAT crew, Andrew, Scott, Anton...oh now it is killing me!! LOL, They are all great, you just can't go wrong!!:)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Getting a new one might take a while - i think they are in very short suupply these days.

But they do offer a lot of bang for the buck for a 29er single speed that's fo sho.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
can't beat the parts on it either, I almost bought one just for the parts,(nothing against Fisher I just don't like EBB's)