Quantcast

Gen. Wesley Clark

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
What do y'all make of this guy?

Mr. Credibility?

note: the above link is to "The american prospect" which I'm not familiar with... so I'm not sure of it's political leanings or level of integrity. It just seemed to be one of the more informative articles I found with a quick search.

edit: a quick run through the article, and I'd say that it's definitely left-leaning.

For starters, the article seems to have been written before we went into Iraq; it's focused on the politcal rumour mill. He sounds as though he'd be decent as a veep or as a cabinet member, but doesn't seem to have the magnetism or whatever it is that makes a presidential candidate click with the people.

J

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
My girlfriend is heavily involved in the Draft Wesley Clark movement...based on his personal magnetism! I think he's got a real shot, personally, based on his service and personality. Watch him when he's on Bill Maher tonight.

However, lots of military folks simply won't vote for a democrat, and lots love to talk about how he was 'fired' after Bosnia (and the Clark folks love to counter that with how that was political BS and there were huge internal protests by high-level military over the issue.)