Quantcast

Genius alert

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
If you get email alerts from RM for new PMs or replies to a thread - DO NOT REPLY TO THOSE EMAILS! If you respond to the system mailer the email goes to me, not to the person who replied to you on the board!

From now on I will be deleting these reponses and ther person you are trying to contact will never get the message.

This problem seems to be greatest with noobs that register just to use the buy and sell forum. NOOBS! PAY ATTENTION!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
wow i thought you were gonna be pointing the finger at me!!

just slid by on that one.

at least i can say i have never replied to that e-mail before.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
just send the email alerts from a black hole address on ridemonkey.com, problem solved. i doubt newbs will read and appreciate this, so i hope you posted this thread just for a stress release

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Toshi said:
just send the email alerts from a black hole address on ridemonkey.com, problem solved. i doubt newbs will read and appreciate this, so i hope you posted this thread just for a stress release
The weird thing is that Vbulletin has not created the ability to do this so I would actually have to hack the code to get it done. I think the geniuses are just going to have to fend for themselves.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ridemonkey said:
The weird thing is that Vbulletin has not created the ability to do this so I would actually have to hack the code to get it done. I think the geniuses are just going to have to fend for themselves.
you can't choose what address RM correspondence comes from? that's kinda dumb.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Toshi said:
you can't choose what address RM correspondence comes from? that's kinda dumb.
Well I can - but the master admininstrators address is the same for all functions - so if I change it for one thing, it changes for all things. I agree, dumb.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Can't you write to Vbulletin and ask them to make it so you can do that? Don't you have to like.... pay them or somthing? Seems like the software should do what you want :think:

sk8kid33

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Colorado Springs
Soory whoever directed me here, I accidently clicked the wrong email to reply too, I was actually trying to reply to a guy from pinkbike, don't think I am a noob, think I am someone who click one email to low in my inbox and hits reply without looking.

But thank you now I can reply to the person I meant to