Quantcast

Geometry

D

Dr. Doom

I looking in to buying a WeThePeoble Airwin primarily for DJ, but on occasion I'll visit the localskatepark.

BUT is there any differens in geometry between trails/DJ and street/parkbikes" or is the the only diff the pegs, frontbrake and the gyro?

Thanks

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
all the bikes are the same these days.
the major difference being the top tube length. average is 20.5 inches but some people are shorter and like smaller bikes and some are taller and like longer bikes.

but the angles are basicly all the same.

74 degree head tube angle (maybe 74.5 and S & M dirt bikes are 73 I believe)

71 degree seat tube angle (maybe 70 on some models)

back ends tend to run 14-15 inches. you can make it shorter or longer depending on what gearing and how long your chain is.

longer bikes fly better than shorter bikes but size really depends on the size of the person riding it. obviously a tall person won't think a longer frame is as long as a short person.

some of the more dirt specific bikes are a tad lighter as the companys don't expect you do grind so drop outs are smaller and tubes can be thinner but as you mentioned the main differences are pegs/gyro's.

If your looking for a longerframe I am selling my we the people thrillseeker. it's 21 inch (way to long for me) it's 2001 model but is in VERY NICE condition.
I bought it from BMXMan around thanks giving and would let it go for say 85 bucks or something.

I am not joking when I say this frame is in great condition. there is a very small scratch on the left chainstay and that is it.

I'm probably going to get banned for not posting in the buy and sell......:)

D

Dr. Doom

Thanks, I would like to buy the Thrillseeker, but do want to ship it to Denmark(small country in the EU)???
Cantact me on email if your in to it: morten.ankjer@oncable.dk

Cheers