Quantcast

George Foreman Grill

zibbler

Monkey
Anyone here have one of these? Do you like it? How often do you use it?

My mom got me one last x-mas and I use it a lot. I don't like it as far as getting a nice crisp crust on meats, but it sure is quick and convenient to use. I use it mainly for skinless chix breast cuz it cooks up real quick without drying the meat out. I've also used it for burgers and pork chops. Anyone else? What do you use your GF grill for?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I love our George!!! It's SOOOO convenient to have. We mostly cook boneless chicken breasts, salmon, and burgers on it. We bought the George Foreman book that goes along with it. Gives lots of good recipes for rubs and sauces.

The only downside of the George: Cleaning it is a BITCH. Better clean it when it's hot, because once the grease dries, you are in for a long, painful cleaning.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
We've had ours forever, seriously. We mostly throw boneless chicken breasts on there. Marinate them for a while and then cook em up - nice n tasty!

KFulch

Chimp
Jul 10, 2002
NC
Does anyone elses chicken turn out tough when they use the foreman? I love to cook bacon on mine, definitely not too greasy.

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by KFulch
Does anyone elses chicken turn out tough when they use the foreman? I love to cook bacon on mine, definitely not too greasy.
The key is to not cook it too long or at too high a temperature. Use a medium heat setting. Depending on the size of the breast, it should only take 3 - 5 minutes. Get yourself an instant read thermometer. When the chicken reaches 160 degrees, take it off, lightly cover it with foil, and let it rest for 5 minutes. It'll be nice and juicy and tender. :thumb:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
bec of this thread...I need to find my GForeman somewhere.....and thaw that skinless-boneless chicken.. sesame oil and some oyster sauce marinade..a lil crushed black pepper and viola.... oh and steamed rice on the side

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have a Jenn-Air because I am a grilling stud. I like beef though. Fish is too fishy and chicken... enh. Oh forgot about fresh tuna... it's albacore season on the Pacific Coast - I just had fresh caught tuna steaks on Thursday... yum! Another good thinh I make on the Jenn-Air is rack of lamb with tamari-mustard glaze.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I dont' like them very much. simply cuz the cleaning is a pain in the a$$. The heating surface isn't removable from the grill and can't be cleaned in the sink.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Cleaning? Just like any other frying pan. Heat it up for 5 minutes, shake a little table salt and oil on the grill surface it then wipe with a paper towel. Cleans the surface and seasons it. Recommended by numerous chefs.

Been cleaning all my fry pans like this for years.

Topaz

Chimp
Jul 6, 2002
Woodland Hills
Originally posted by Spud
Cleaning? Just like any other frying pan. Heat it up for 5 minutes, shake a little table salt and oil on the grill surface it then wipe with a paper towel. Cleans the surface and seasons it. Recommended by numerous chefs.
What kind of oil works best?