Quantcast

Germany / Switzerland riding in May

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Todtnau is Downhill only and i wouldn't really call it a bikepark (it's basically one track), but it opens in April and you can combine it with a visit to Freiburg. Definitely a fun track.

http://bikepark-todtnau.de/

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
If you want to ride DH you should visit Todtnau in the south of Germany near Freiburg.
They open first or second weekend of april and is easily one of my favorite tracks in Germany and part of the iXS cup.

The downhill track is pretty technical and steep with a few jumps but nothing too crazy.
Its fast, its got roots, rocks, berms and has basically been the epitome of German downhill ever since the original Maxxis cup.

Theres also a freeride track which is entertaining enough but we usually dont waste much time except for maybe a warm up run in the morning.

U can park pretty close to the lift and i think they had v10 rentals last year if you need a bike.
If you want a cheap place to sleep contact Andy from Andys Pfeffermule... English guy who runs a bar/inn in town. Cool guy and nice place to have a beer.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Sniped by Sandro... Id skip Freiburg though unless youre there with the missus/mistur... they do have a nice hospital from what i remember :D

And Lac Blanc is definitely awesome too and has a lot more tracks. Last time i was there waiting times for the lift were crazy tho so might want to avoid that.

Or just go to the closest/easiest one to get to and youll have a great time anyway.