Quantcast

)(^)(Get Fried Day GMT )(^)(

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Last day of the work week, Come on weekend.

Ever have those types of crashes on your bike when you are going a bit too fast and get pile driven into the ground? I went to gap a large root cluster and didn't quite have what it took to land it. Got launched into a tree and walked away. In mid flight I totally thought I was breaking something. Was quite relieved that I walked out of it. I think it is time for me to reel it in.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I got a run in before work.....YES, up at five ay yem for that shit. But I wanted to get it done so I could swim after work with a bunch of fellow triathlon douchers. Looking forward to the weekend...funstuffs on the schedule.

Going to see Wonder Woman tomorrow night but haven't been following all the GMT's closely the past week. Any monkeys see it? Good/bad/meh?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Did an hour on the spin bike to end my day yesterday. I had no urge to go out in the wind and rain for a real evening ride. So looking forward to the weekend. Working 12 days straight has been Le Suck

Coffee then off to drive the short bus

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Planning to ride on dirt tomorrow after dropping my daughter off at the ACT tests. must remember to swap tires on the steed tonight. Work today will be meh, some key peeps got laid off yesterday and it will be mayhem until the roles and responsibilities get sorted out. Date with the spousal unit on Saturday night. Mothers day present was 4 tickets to one of the local improv comedy shows.

@I Are Baboon I haven't seen WW yet, but it is getting good reviews and a buddy who saw it last weekend confirmed that she is HOTT!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
@I Are Baboon a buddy who saw it last weekend confirmed that she is HOTT!
Well that is really what's important here. I bought my advance tickets at the theater that's got the fancy reserved recliner chairs. It's awesome walking in five minutes before the movie starts knowing you've got your seat. I kind of don't want to go to any other theater now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Last day of the work week, Come on weekend.

Ever have those types of crashes on your bike when you are going a bit too fast and get pile driven into the ground? I went to gap a large root cluster and didn't quite have what it took to land it. Got launched into a tree and walked away. In mid flight I totally thought I was breaking something. Was quite relieved that I walked out of it. I think it is time for me to reel it in.
I had a slow speed cow-tipping incident last night. I was riding my favourite technical trail (for the first time this season), and was doing a steep chute that has a really rocky roll-in and lots of off-camber roots to throw you off line. Someone had placed a branch across my line (I've been riding that line for over 15 years, so it's not like I was braiding a new line... in fact, I think my line might have been the original line, before people went around the other side of the tree...). Because of that branch, I tried to stop against said tree, but couldn't unclip, tipped over, and tumbled down the rest of the chute, which is currently a muddy creek (thanks to record level of rain in May). Somehow, I managed to not get hurt in the process. Small miracles are amazing. Rest of the ride was amazing (except for swarms of mosquitoes, and constant caterpillar webs all over the forest). Beers in the parking lot, swim in the lake, another swim in buddies pool, and pizza.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Moms passed away last night. Knew it was coming, still sucks. I'm on staycation, might get drunk tonight, but i doubt it. Just kinda numb. Yay Friday.

/buzzkill

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@jimmydean sorry to hear.

The drive to work was interesting. A female was squatting and taking a piss beside her SUV on the side of the freeway. She was squatting between the open front and rear passenger door, which I'm assuming were open to provide a privacy barrier. I don't think she realized that she was squatting down below the bottoms of the doors....

And just spotted an E63 AMG wagon. :)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Morning Monkeys.

Moms passed away last night. Knew it was coming, still sucks. I'm on staycation, might get drunk tonight, but i doubt it. Just kinda numb. Yay Friday.

/buzzkill
fuck. sorry for your loss. we all know it's coming, but it doesn't make it any easier when it happens. I hope you have lots of people that love you with you at the moment.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear, JD.
Last day of vacation. The plan is to hike in Guadalupe mtns if wife still feels like it. Where is the week gone?

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Hung out and drank beers at the bike shop last night well after closing time trying to plan our man-cation of riding and shenanigans next week. Le tired today. MOAR coffee please.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Hello.

Tough to get out of the bed this am. Coffee isn't flowing fast enough.

Sorry to hear @jimmydean

Bike is planned for this eve... I really need to figure out these rollers I bough to train when the weather doesnt want to cooperate.

I would also like to file a formal complaint with the global scheduler, why did they book the Nissan Stagea meet, and the MEC century ride on my anniversary weekend and left all the other weekends free and clear?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My condolences, @jimmydean.

I rode in to work today. Running shoes and flat pedals so that I don't re-aggravate the foot. Rolled in late to no consequence.

Denver Biscuit Company after work for a farewell dinner for our two fellows (fellowship in this setting being a one year post-residency position).

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
As a non-important sidebar but something to point out, when you dislike someone's post, you actually hurt their ridemonkey profile reputation. Please don't kick jimmydean when's down, you ingrates.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Fuck yeah it's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna hit the dirt jumps for an after work session and beers with the homies.

Took some practice whips at the climbing gym the other night and decided to throw the GoBro on. Made for some amusing footy.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Ahhh... the joys of being a man-parent. :D Did your child-bot give you a raft of shit about? I have a kid like that... :mad:
She forgot too, so I don't feel too bad. Though, to be fair, she normally goes on a Sunday so I don't think she knew she was even supposed to go until I said "Holy shit! I forgot about your horseback lesson!".

She has brought it up once already this morning. Ingrate.......

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
As a non-important sidebar but something to point out, when you dislike someone's post, you actually hurt their ridemonkey profile reputation. Please don't kick jimmydean when's down, you ingrates.
they should split the thumb up from the thumb down....it is easy to fat finger that shit on your phone.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Sorry to hear @jimmydean

Went for yet another ride before work today. That's 3 in 3 days. I never ride that much, but I figure I'd best make the most of the weather and my location. Not much gas in the tank today for the climb, but I had a few beers last night which certainly didn't help. The salmon berry bushes are exploding this week.

I'm just waiting to meet a cute cuddly bear mid-feast one of these days. The thought kinda freaks me out a bit. My super stealthy-quiet bike might not be the best, but I can't bring myself to use a bear bell, so I whistle instead.

Putting this much time on the bike certainly adds up the maintenance required. I can already feel play in my shock DU bushing. It's probably 20 rides old, tops. Guess I need to replace my hardware too. Any opinions on bearing/steel hardware/etc... replacements? I've heard about a bearing set which sounds like a good idea to me.

And my rear brake needs bleeding again. Having a wonky rear brake definitely makes me ride like a Mary, comparatively speaking. My Wednesday ride was amazing with great brakes. Yesterday was acceptable, but today's is firmly in "this needs fixing" territory.

Can you tell the office is pretty quiet today and I'm procrastinating a bit?

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Trying to wrap shit up early to go to a farewell ride for one of our crew leaving town. The SOB is headed to the PNW someplace near Bellingham so we are happy for him. Despite being a (very) short timer here, he finished a jump at the bottom of our micro-DH trail this week. Was the last thing on our "to do" from the winter. He will be missed...

IMG_4693.jpg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Trying to wrap shit up early to go to a farewell ride for one of our crew leaving town. The SOB is headed to the PNW someplace near Bellingham so we are happy for him. Despite being a (very) short timer here, he finished a jump at the bottom of our micro-DH trail this week. Was the last thing on our "to do" from the winter. He will be missed...

View attachment 125557
You guys actually ride shit like that? :fie::fie::fie:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Putting this much time on the bike certainly adds up the maintenance required. I can already feel play in my shock DU bushing. It's probably 20 rides old, tops. Guess I need to replace my hardware too. Any opinions on bearing/steel hardware/etc... replacements? I've heard about a bearing set which sounds like a good idea to me.
I'm a tool geek, so I bought a DU press from a guy on mtbr for $20. (search bushing tool) Easily worth it and makes swapping DU bushings a breeze. My last Fox shock used the 3 piece hardware which kept everything square and centered. I can't imagine that ever needing replacement as the DU wears, not the pin/shaft. I can't' see bearings being any better for this application, since there is so little rotation.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
You guys actually ride shit like that? :fie::fie::fie:
Yeah, but we build stuff that is fun, medium sized, pretty easy and as low consequence as possible (because we suck and are all ~40). Nothing more fun then sending a big cheese wedge jump and temporarily feeling like you're a bad ass on a bike :banana:

This all excepts Sam, the dude who is leaving. He is a reformed FMX guy and is legitimately bad ass.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Company is hosting a lip-sync contest this evening. Luckily it's not mandatory, I would pay large sums of money not to participate or be present for that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I highly doubt your hardware needs replacing. Every newer set of shock hardware I've run into has a steel center shaft with aluminum spacers. Try the DU bushing first before sourcing new hardware.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I highly doubt your hardware needs replacing. Every newer set of shock hardware I've run into has a steel center shaft with aluminum spacers. Try the DU bushing first before sourcing new hardware.
Well, it's only the DU at the link that needs changing, but it's only about 6 weeks old. It's a 2015 Nomad, I'll look up what material the the hardware is made of. Pretty sure it's aluminum, though.

I'm a tool geek, so I bought a DU press from a guy on mtbr for $20. (search bushing tool) Easily worth it and makes swapping DU bushings a breeze. My last Fox shock used the 3 piece hardware which kept everything square and centered. I can't imagine that ever needing replacement as the DU wears, not the pin/shaft. I can't' see bearings being any better for this application, since there is so little rotation.
I'd only get the needle bearing for the rear/link end. It would last forever... For $35, seems worthwhile to avoid the PITA factor every 6 weeks. I'm guessing that tool would cost at least than much, plus I'd invariably forget to buy replacement DU bushings and wind needed to rush out and buy one every time I kill another one.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
lip sync entire Reign in Blood album without stopping
bask in the glory of being victorious
I thought about doing GWAR, but it was a bit tough to source one of their costumes to do it justice.

Lineup so far:
Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas
I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys
YMCA - Village People
Popular - Wicked, The Musical

Honestly I have to think that making people sit through that has to violate some provision of the Geneva Convention.

Last edited: