Quantcast

Giant Glory 0 2013

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
I think the notion of a Carbon 'premium' is exagerated, and as long as 'we' continue to swallow it - the prices will stay high.

Funny that, for example, the Carbon V10 and Alu V10 were the same price at intro -- it has gone up, but so have Alu frames as well.

Prices are what the market will tolerate; people have rationalized tolerating a lot -- dont, and the prices normalize.

But since people 'gotta have it' -- welcome to Redbull pricing! (Appropo I suppose.)
Next year we will have a complete dh bike for around 3500$ in europe.

JA666

Chimp
Dec 29, 2010
AUS
That looks like the 2012? I wonder if they are counting the angle headset? 65degrees - 1.5 angle headset =63.5
This. Did they actually change the frame or are they just shipping them out with the angleset in the slacker position? No other visual changes aside from paint make me think this is all they have done.

Also seems they haven't re-inforced the seat/top tube junction either as there are a LOT of cracked ones down under. Nor the silly cable routing which is open to shuttle damage/rock strikes (seen it happen!).

Don't think I'm hating either as I love the glory (would be my first choice If I was in the market for a new frame).

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
This. Did they actually change the frame or are they just shipping them out with the angleset in the slacker position? No other visual changes aside from paint make me think this is all they have done.

Also seems they haven't re-inforced the seat/top tube junction either as there are a LOT of cracked ones down under. Nor the silly cable routing which is open to shuttle damage/rock strikes (seen it happen!).

Don't think I'm hating either as I love the glory (would be my first choice If I was in the market for a new frame).
They did change the frame geo.