Quantcast

Gios Compact Pro frame

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Hi all

So i did some research and i ended up looking at a Gios Compact pro frame. I am in love with the frame, handcrafted in torino Italy, with loads of cromed parts and adjustable replaceable dropouts.

I would like your input on this if you have any experience with the brand.

My other runner ups were Cervelo Superprodigy and Colnago Classic Steel.

I got an offer from a UK lbs which gives me the Gios with 2003 Chorus gruppo and Scirroco wheels for 2000$.

I am waiting for your precious info.

Yannis

http://www.gios.it/2004/eng/prima.php?page=pro

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
sorry, don't know enough about those three choices to make a distinction, but I believe they're all outstanding frames. Does that help? :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
nah, I can't tell. I'm much more educated and experienced with low end products. I just know by reputation that Gios is good stuff. Are you able to take any/all of those bikes out for a long ride?

You'll get a much larger response on bike forums... I see you post there on occassion.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Yep lord i posted there as well, but with no reply on the specific topic. Although the lads helped me a lot on finding out Gios since i didnt know its existence as a company.

Ok if Gios is reputable i ll go for it.

Ya reckon its a shame to buy a roadie bike?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
math2014 said:
Ya reckon its a shame to buy a roadie bike?
just make sure it's got a triple.

Not sure if I would buy a compact frame... more for personal aesthetic reasons. Can you put two water bottles inside a compact?