Quantcast

Girlfriend asked would I rather race or do the anniversary thing

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Yeah, not a wedding anniversary but an anniversary of when we met. We live together now and those kind of things are important to her. She doesn't really care about my bikes, I care about them more than just about anything. US Open is next weekend and Snowshoe the weekend after that. She said that only one race was fair because she wanted to do dinner and that whole shebang. I decided to pre-reg for both as I dont really feel like going out to dinner when I could ride bikes instead.

I have no dropped the "I'm going to both bomb yet," but at this point Ill deal with the consequences...

Women are difficult.

Yeah, not a wedding anniversary but an anniversary of when we met. We live together now and those kind of things are important to her. She doesn't really care about my bikes, I care about them more than just about anything. US Open is next weekend and Snowshoe the weekend after that. She said that only one race was fair because she wanted to do dinner and that whole shebang. I decided to pre-reg for both as I dont really feel like going out to dinner when I could ride bikes instead.

I have no dropped the "I'm going to both bomb yet," but at this point Ill deal with the consequences...

Women are difficult.

Dude, you have balls in light of "those kind of things are important to her". I fully support your DH intentions but seriously, dont be surprised when your relationship goes downhill as well.
Keep us updated:D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You keep riding that bike every weekend. Screw all of that relationship give and take stuff. Nothing that is important to her could possible be more important than you riding in a bike race.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
As proud as I am out getting a girl this hot, Im not the type to put pics up. I just feel that its sort of weird that a girl can fall for someone because they have passion for what they love, and then bitch about it later when they loose out to something that has been around for longer than then. Kind of like the whole bros before hos thing, but with bikes instead. I missed on a bunch of races last year to be with her and she said she always felt really bad about that, but this year Im sticking to my race schedule. It may be selfish and I may be sleeping on the couch for a bit, but she keeps me while I sleep anyways so it wont be half bad.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Women are difficult.
Sounds like you should sit her down and let her know (with words) how important biking is to you. Let her know what your plans are with racing and the like so she feels involved even if she would rather have you around on the weekend. Nobody likes things like this sprung on them.

Hell, take her to 7springs and have a nice romantic evening at the hotel there. She can bring a book, chill at the pool, go for a hike - whatever.

I missed on a bunch of races last year to be with her and she said she always felt really bad about that, but this year Im sticking to my race schedule. It may be selfish and I may be sleeping on the couch for a bit, but she keeps me while I sleep anyways so it wont be half bad.

Thats where you messed up. Missing those races last year set the precedent that you will forgo bikes for her. Now she expects it. Surely you can bring her along to a race b/c" you need her suport and its means so much to you,blah ,blah" and then make her a fancy dinner/take her to expensive dinner and your not on the couch?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I think we need to see pics first, before we decide if it's worth it.
girls are like busses, there's always another one due along in a few minutes... and they have generally been occupied by poor, smelly men that you wouldn't allow to use your toilet.

that said, one picture of her trap plz.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I recommend you break it off with her for a bit and then reconnect in the off season so that your anniversary is a little more conveniently out of the way of any racing. :D

Just a side story.

When I was dating my fiance she asked me if I knew the anniversary date of when we starting dating was. I said no and asked if she knew. She said no and told me to pick a date. I said OK it was yesterday and we will celebrate it next year :)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just a side story.

When I was dating my fiance she asked me if I knew the anniversary date of when we starting dating was. I said no and asked if she knew. She said no and told me to pick a date. I said OK it was yesterday and we will celebrate it next year :)
no you didn't.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I recommend you break it off with her for a bit and then reconnect in the off season so that your anniversary is a little more conveniently out of the way of any racing. :D
Bad advice.

Question: What do you call a downhiller who just broke up with his girlfriend?

Answer: Homeless :rimshot:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You didn't learn dick from watching my marriage implode did ya?

Bridget left me over stuff like this. If you like them, and you like their vag, sometimes my love you gotta play their game.

Bikes are rad, don't get me wrong, that's why I started TFK. But I can't cuddle my ASR, I can't have a talk with the Slopestyle, and I have tried, and failed, to make sweet love to the 303. I think you were there for the last one.

Smarten up.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Oh and I have seen his chick. She is pretty damn hot.
And she puts up with his ass.
Though, as he's sitting there doing 120 sit ups and 120 push ups after a day at Whistler a couple years ago, he admits he "has no game."

You better give her some sweet lickings to make it right.

I think Bridget let me trade 10 hours of oral (on her) for every weekend I blew her off to race. You'll notice I got smart, started bringing her to races.

Get her a bike you cheap ****, she'll love you for at least 13 years.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Oh and I have seen his chick. She is pretty damn hot.
And she puts up with his ass.
Though, as he's sitting there doing 120 sit ups and 120 push ups after a day at Whistler a couple years ago, he admits he "has no game."

You better give her some sweet lickings to make it right.

I think Bridget let me trade 10 hours of oral (on her) for every weekend I blew her off to race. You'll notice I got smart, started bringing her to races.

Get her a bike you cheap ****, she'll love you for at least 13 years.
TMI... lolz!!!!

:p

this thread reminds me of the old addage:

Women can fake orgasms, but men can fake entire relationships..