Quantcast

Girlfriend asked would I rather race or do the anniversary thing

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
There has to be some give and take. There is no way you are going to make every race if you want to have a relationship unless that's what she's in to....and most girls (and even more so hotter ones)...not into mountain biking or racing. Some guys find girls that are in to mountain biking and that works for them. Unless you meet a girl on the trails or at a race, the chances she will want to follow you to every race are slim to none. You have to make the decision if you want to be with her and if it's worth giving up a couple of races to spend time with her.

Out of curiosity, when was the last time you did something for her like send flowers other than as an apology for doing something stupid?

oh yea and :picsstfu:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
and people say fixie riders are stupid.
On the behalf of the general population of DHers, I request you not take this guy as an overarching example of our intelligence. We're not all this dumb, I promise.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
Bad advice.

Question: What do you call a downhiller who just broke up with his girlfriend?

Answer: Homeless :rimshot:
I broke up with my girlfriend a couple of months ago and now I have more money for bike parts and more time for Whistler. It sounds like he either has is priorities figured out and the relationship is second to racing or he's confused on the priorities. Figure that out and advice from the internet is useless.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
As proud as I am out getting a girl this hot, Im not the type to put pics up. I just feel that its sort of weird that a girl can fall for someone because they have passion for what they love, and then bitch about it later when they loose out to something that has been around for longer than then. Kind of like the whole bros before hos thing, but with bikes instead. I missed on a bunch of races last year to be with her and she said she always felt really bad about that, but this year Im sticking to my race schedule. It may be selfish and I may be sleeping on the couch for a bit, but she keeps me while I sleep anyways so it wont be half bad.
That's a long winded way of saying we won't think she's hot.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Alan, I do this out of love...

"Where's Waldo" in thigh highs.
She's hot. She touches his cock.
Dooder, just sayin...

Oh yea, drunk Reno says "hi!"

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'd hit it, but I still say celebrating an "anniversary" with a girlfriend=retarded. If your having to celebrate this "anniversary" with this woman because your living with her, guess what, your already married.