Quantcast

Giro Stage 17 - Climbing to the top on a dirt road

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yep, somewhere in another thread in this forum, I stated that is the stage I'm excited for.

Can't wait!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Riding on dirt???? Pathetic!!!! Next thing people will be racing up and down on dirt.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
23's as well. If this was an up-and-down section maybe 25, but they are going up the entire way. Also this is at the end of the stage.

The article says...."road crews are still working to pave the final 5km of what will be the steepest section of road in this Giro d'Italia"
I believe the plan is for this section to be paved by race day. They have raced up established dirt roads before, but i can't believe they would send them up a freshly plowed road like that.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
I only had velonews ticker telling me what was going on. Just seemed like the riders were mad about the course, and then the stage was just blah.

So much for expectations and a rider vrs environment struggle. :)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The Toninator said:
no no that's still there but it's called mountain biking.
Not in World Cup racing. Did you read that now you don't even have to do your own mechnical work in the mechanical zone of the races? You just hand your bike to your mechanic and he'll fix it for you! Disappointment.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Heidi said:
Not in World Cup racing. Did you read that now you don't even have to do your own mechnical work in the mechanical zone of the races? You just hand your bike to your mechanic and he'll fix it for you! Disappointment.
yes i know. they are slowly turning mtb into off rhode rode racing.
thank dog somebody invented marathon and endurance racing.