Quantcast

Glasses

Devoracer77

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Bend, Or
OK, so this is cheesy, and i have no friends, but I just am curious to see who likes what glasses. Oakley's, Smith's so and so forth. Whats your guys' favorite thing to put on your face when flinging your body downhill (or uphill) at stupidly fast (or slow) speeds?

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Well for DH, I wear Spy goggles... love the fit. (have Oakley's too, but like the fit of the spy's better.

for all other... Oakley glasses. M Frames for xc, road, what ever... I also have other oakley for driving.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I like the Smith Voodoo glasses. They're the first glasses I've had that actually fit me properly and look pretty good doing it. The interchangeable lenses are a nice featureand come in a variety of colors and are fairly inexpensive to replace. The only complaint I have is that they fog up pretty quick when I come to a stop.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by BikeGeek
I like the Smith Voodoo glasses. They're the first glasses I've had that actually fit me properly and look pretty good doing it. The interchangeable lenses are a nice featureand come in a variety of colors and are fairly inexpensive to replace. The only complaint I have is that they fog up pretty quick when I come to a stop.
:stupid:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I own a lot of Smiths and like everything about them but degree of lens scratch resistance.

I liked my Bolles until I broke them.

The only problem I have with Oakleys is that they are sooo damned big. That and the fact that most of the NASCAR redneck-types who live near me seem to prefer them.

Haven't tried Rudy Projects yet(they sound like a Jazz act), but they are often on closeout somewhere.

My favorite pair of shades and the ones that have lasted the longest unscratched are some polarized glass glacier shades I picked up for $50 at REI. I just don't wear them while biking.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Haven't tried Rudy Projects yet(they sound like a Jazz act), but they are often on closeout somewhere.
I needed prescription inserts and replaceable lenses so these seemed to be the wisest choice. My favorite color for riding is this persimmon pink - sharpens everything up. I have very pale amber for night riding - they are also vented so fogging is no problem.

More expensive than they should be. :monkey:

Note: Zip ties are to thwart the break away stem safety feature - the frames are flexible enough and I am not sure they could be put back together if they did break away.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Note: Zip ties are to thwart the break away stem safety feature - the frames are flexible enough and I am not sure they could be put back together if they did break away.

I thought that was just for pimp factor. You coulda used scotch, electrical or duct tape, also. :p

I drive with Ray Ban G-lens (glass), or Oakley gold lenses because the optical quality and tint effects are really good.

I ride with Smith Moab HP's because I broke my Oakleys and the Smiths cost a lot less but are more durable. Now my wife has my Persimmon lens for her Oakleys. For the Smith lenses I prefer the gold lite lens, and use it for everything other than night riding. It's more orange than a Oakley Persimmon, which just means it's okay in bright sunlight, where the persimmon starts to fall short. I tossed the mirrored brown lens after the mirroring scratched up.

I night ride with Performance glasses, that come with 3 lenses also, but I just use the clear lens. It's easier than switching the Smiths, and the whole shebang was $25 on a sale. The lenses are vented, and actually work better than my Oakleys or Smiths do to combat steamage when I stop or slow in cool weather, ie night. Two of my buddies use the same glasses with the prescription insert and swap lenses all the time. I think these are the "Radial II's". Real good for the money.