Quantcast

$@GMT Sattidy@$

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Chilling in NW Missouri on our family road trip. Gonna head down to Kansas City later today to catch a Sporting KC soccer game this evening.
:shablon:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
The hill was great fun yesterday but pretty greasy. Many random cuts and bruises from a couple spills--my daughter was counting them and all but asked me whether I suck at bikes. Probably the last day of lift accessed riding this season. Will have to hit the shuttle places that run year round now--cannot wait for moar big bikes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Going to water park instead of riding. Maybe Revive on lawn and mowing it, too. Hmm.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh fuck me. Walking through the garage and I see water leaking out of the water softener. Just as I lean over it the main part of the unit where the inlet pipe attaches shatters and water is spraying everywhere. I got soaked. Luckily I have a shut off to the hose on the side of the garage and got the water shut off in less than a minute. Just left Lowes after dropping $500 on a new unit. So much for riding until I get this install and water restored to the house.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Town (and the Nationalparks) are girding for the Apoceclipse. Predicting the busiest day in parks history. There has been a bit of hysteria, but so far it is business as usual. We will see on Monday, just a day to ride the bike to work anyway.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
IMG_20170819_113543.jpg
Yesterday's start to SWMT WTF was Blackmore to Cottonwood with the Midge and sq-rl...

5.5 mile, 3000' mostly HAB up to saddle at 9900 elevation

IMG_20170819_113425.jpg
IMG_20170819_113623.jpg

The most ridable sections are surprisingly near the saddle, but we were suffering by then. Ranger the pup did great though he didn't realize that the downhill was coming...

5500ish and 12 miles of downhill fun (no pics)

Relocating camp to Curly today, possible short (recovery) ride to Lost Cabin lake with Curly highline on the books on Sunday...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
First ride with my buddy Norm since Pisgah and last ride with my buddy Jesse (moving away). Great morning.

Beers and concert time.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Reading a sermon, from 1978, by a recently deceased minister of my church (in my youth). A paper original was available at the memorial service. He was 95.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
View attachment 126215 Yesterday's start to SWMT WTF was Blackmore to Cottonwood with the Midge and sq-rl...

5.5 mile, 3000' mostly HAB up to saddle at 9900 elevation

View attachment 126213 View attachment 126214

The most ridable sections are surprisingly near the saddle, but we were suffering by then. Ranger the pup did great though he didn't realize that the downhill was coming...

5500ish and 12 miles of downhill fun (no pics)

Relocating camp to Curly today, possible short (recovery) ride to Lost Cabin lake with Curly highline on the books on Sunday...
The girls and I hit the trails and rode to Palisade Falls then kayaked and enjoyed the sites.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Reading a sermon, from 1978, by a recently deceased minister of my church (in my youth). A paper original was available at the memorial service. He was 95.
i wonder if my dad kept all of his...will have to ask.

normal saturday stuff...waiting to see if i can score some social d tix for tonight's show

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
had to go buy a new water softening unit...$500 of course the old unit is a slightly different height and the pipes from the house are too short. $200 for the plumber to come out and cut the copper pipes to the proper height and put in a sweat coupling to install the unit ( he is doing that now) so in the meantime me and the wife put down 30 bags of red mulch on top of weed proof fabric doing the fence border. 42 bags in place and at least another 20 to go to finish

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Spent the day at Boondock's playing Laser Tag and go-karting with Haley in the passenger seat, off to fancy birthday dinner with friends now. Still need to get all packed for the trip to Wyoming tomorrow...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
had to go buy a new water softening unit...$500 of course the old unit is a slightly different height and the pipes from the house are too short. $200 for the plumber to come out and cut the copper pipes to the proper height and put in a sweat coupling to install the unit ( he is doing that now) so in the meantime me and the wife put down 30 bags of ren mulch on top of weed proof fabric doing the fence border. 42 bags in place and at least another 20 to go to finish

Wtf old man - do that plumbing shit yourself. :D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Spent the day picking plums out of an abandoned orchard. Going to be selling them to a brewery in Bellingham so they can make a beer with them. 500 lbs of plums.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Day one of vacation week, 200 miles and 30000ft vert planned.

Todays ride was 24 miles, ~2800ft to start things off easy. Tomorrow should be 31miles with 6100ft...:fie:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
it would have cost me more to buy a torch, solder and pipe cutting tools and way more than the hour that it took him to do it. then it would probably leak and I would have to call him anyways

It is like you are a fucking millennial or something.

I have a torch because I like to burn shit. Also comes in handy for plumbing.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
it would have cost me more to buy a torch, solder and pipe cutting tools and way more than the hour that it took him to do it. then it would probably leak and I would have to call him anyways
A $17 propane torch is all you'll need for basic copper, low temp brazing. It doesn't have to be a pretty joint, so you can flood a butt load of solder into the fitting to prevent leaks. And when you're done you can just toss it into a bonfire to liven things up a bit.

098ae5ac-5bda-49c4-9c92-31aa3a21e334_1000.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
too much shit to do today vs playing plumber.

I had to put down weed proof fabric on the lawn border then spread out 120 cubic feet of redwood mulch

shot some video of the wife riding here horse so she could tweak her freestyle routine then cooked some BBQ.

I got all my Honey do's done today so the only thing on my plate tomorrow is riding my bike

somewhere off in the future is reseeding the lawn and getting rid of the gazeebo and putting in a pergola and pavers

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
spent all day working on barn/bar/bong shed number two. fuckng tired, bear in hand in bong shed/saloon #1

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took the Husqvarna out for a spin one last time. Forgot how much fun motorcycles are. I am very sore however. Took the Ford out and dragged some trees off the roads and unplugged a few ditches just for shits and giggles. Gave everything away to the neighbors. The Mexican family that took over our land doubled the Potato yield and the Ford will hopefully help them out. Sheriff came by and took all of dad's guns. Totally not necessary but whatever. Between last thursday and today somebody came by and took the Brandy Still. Gave the Indian away to the Sheriff also. I could never figure out the suicide shifter enough to safely operate it. Piece of shit anyways... Local fire dept is going to burn down the barn for practice... My work here is done...

Last edited: