Quantcast

%!!@ GMT @!!%

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
last run finished near my house so I kept the paratransit van in the driveway last night. so nice to be able to get an extra hour of sleep and have no commute this morning. First client pick up is only 2 miles from here. Time to feed the dogs and make some coffee. 32* outside.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It was a night of broken up sleep thanks to coughing like hell all night. Stupid cold. Fortunately my sleep tank had been sufficiently stocked over the prior 4-5 nights so I still feel rested.

I've gotten invites for two holiday luncheons for work and I have no desire to go to either. I just want to do my job without having to socially interact with these people. Is that too much to ask?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Up early and caffeinated, I got a french press coffee maker and (a) it makes better coffee and (2) I've cut my consumption down to two cups.
Cold and dry down here, cold and dry up high.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Ah Thursday, glorious Thursday. Other wise know in my world as Thursday night space wizard party in the woods. The one night of the week when I have some people to ride with, who happen to have wizard like beards and magic in there fanny packs. Or hip bag brah....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Decided to rebuild my fork last night and was putting everything back together when tragedy struck. I tightened the hollow aluminum bolt that holds the damper to the lowers until it sheared in half then backed off 1/4 turn. :( Now I must wait for my $19 worth of bolt kit to ship to me before I can get it all back together and the rest of the bike back together.

Also replaced pads on my brakes and did a bench bleed when tragedy struck and I dropped the caliper into a jug of DOT fluid. Got everything cleaned up quickly but hot damn are my bike mechanic skills rusty.

Mornin!

Decided to rebuild my fork last night and was putting everything back together when tragedy struck. I tightened the hollow aluminum bolt that holds the damper to the lowers until it sheared in half then backed off 1/4 turn. :( Now I must wait for my $19 worth of bolt kit to ship to me before I can get it all back together and the rest of the bike back together.

Also replaced pads on my brakes and did a bench bleed when tragedy struck and I dropped the caliper into a jug of DOT fluid. Got everything cleaned up quickly but hot damn are my bike mechanic skills rusty.
Torque wrench...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Too many dos Equis last night...I was not the most interesting man in the world...but certainly the most hammered dad on my block. I regretted that decision immediately this morning.

There are voluminous amounts of emails here at work, and I'm just.....sitting here.....staring blankly into the screen...trying to will them to send responses without having to actually use my brain to think about the responses. 35 more minutes, and I'll be able to leave here in 6 more hours......:fie:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Got all my lights green on the commute in this morning. it's not much of an accomplishment since there's only one, but I was rolling fast and carrying speed, so I decided to give it a little more stick and see if I could do it in less than 10 minutes (usual time hovers between 11 and 12 minutes). I was successful. 9:40. Only problem is I was a little sweaty when I got to the office. I really like this commute. I go over a river, then down by the river passing on grounds of the Museum of History and First Nations Hall (a recreation of West Coast native villages), right across from the Parliament buildings. At night there's now an outdoor light installation with 7 tipis that are lit different coulours. It's quite purdy.

Not yesterday:
upload_2017-12-7_10-0-34.png

this is where the tipis are now:
upload_2017-12-7_10-1-29.png

upload_2017-12-7_10-2-32.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
12 F out. Good day to being doing research stuffs from home after dropping off child the younger.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Feel ass here at work. Could not get to sleep last night.

Yesterdays group ride was great. It was snowing when we departed the parking lot and the ground was mostly frozen, so it made for some super sketchy and slippery hidden roots. I made it up a loose steep climb for the first time, which was nice. I walked it a few weeks ago and would have totally bet against myself to not make it.

This building has their Christmas lunch thing today. I really do not want to attend, but free lunch and that other jazz. I'd rather hibernate in my office.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Where were you yesterday?!

The bolt has been removed and installed at least a half dozen times since I bought the fork 7 years ago. In reality it was probably partially my fault, partially age. It really wasn't on there that tight...
Are you replacing the crush washers every time you remove the damper? I was told they were single use only.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Single digits here, first time this winter. No snow makes me sad. Took Dog #3 for a 5 mile run yesterday and now my cripple leg is killing me. Consuming coffee now, I expect to accomplish very little today.

Are you replacing the crush washers every time you remove the damper? I was told they were single use only.
Crush washers are always single use.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Fuck yeah motherfuckers.
Enjoy your day angry people! (ok only 70% of yall are angry)

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Impromptu vacation over. Back to the dealing grind this morn. All new appliances installed and look great. 2 bags (so far) of trash just out of kitchen as we streamline and de-clutter. Appliances have a learning curve, which is going to be fun (touchy buttons to set temp/timer). And we're in for a cold snap (lower teens in the mornings). Did get Xmas tree and house light up.

Let today's fun begin, because I'm the man of my castle (until the wife gets home).....

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Where were you yesterday?!

The bolt has been removed and installed at least a half dozen times since I bought the fork 7 years ago. In reality it was probably partially my fault, partially age. It really wasn't on there that tight...

Wow. That's actually impressive you got a hollow aluminum bolt to last that long.....

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You are correct, they are single use only. That said, I have re-used a crush washer before when rebuilding my fork and noticed little difference. A tiny bit more weeping, but not enough to make a tangible difference before the next service interval.