Quantcast

%!!@ GMT @!!%

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You are correct, they are single use only. That said, I have re-used a crush washer before when rebuilding my fork and noticed little difference. A tiny bit more weeping, but not enough to make a tangible difference before the next service interval.
You're probably applying more pressure than you realize to tighten a used crush washer and subsequently fatiguing the aluminum bolt over time. A crush washer keeps things sealed by friction and not torque.

I'm kind of in the same boat. My fork needs a damper rebuild but I don't want to do it until I get my hands on a bag of crush washers.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You're probably applying more pressure than you realize to tighten a used crush washer and subsequently fatiguing the aluminum bolt over time. A crush washer keeps things sealed by friction and not torque.

I'm kind of in the same boat. My fork needs a damper rebuild but I don't want to do it until I get my hands on a bag of crush washers.
most seal kits come with a new set of crush washers, IIRC.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley got me sick. I proposed an idea to possibly generate more opportunity for revenue and opened a 50-gallon drum of worms. Started with let's make ABC more efficient, led to why don't we do this which was on topic but way down stream, and... you need to have a meeting with [insert lots of important people].:panic::panic:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

Is there anywhere to get the crush washers without a full rebuild kit? Seems kinda silly to buy a whole kit if all you're doing is changing oil...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Is there anywhere to get the crush washers without a full rebuild kit? Seems kinda silly to buy a whole kit if all you're doing is changing oil...
I talked to Sram about that. I got the Customer service girl frustrated by asking the same question over and over. After I had her on the phone for about a hour, they gladly just sent me a bag of crush washers.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I am here to report that Grand Targhee is good, lots of natural snow (but the groomers were better than off piste).
I guess it is one of the only places 100% open with all natural snow.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
crush washers should be sold in 100/ct bags
Fairly sure my bag is close to that many, bought from Universal Cycles.

edit: sniped by many ppls.

edit2: you can also similarly get bags of the foam oil rings for your frequent oil changes that don't require a seal change too.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
does anyone have experience with home dent removal kits for cars?
Is there a Dent Wizard or similar place near you?
They're typically located near car dealerships.

For $100 we got a nasty ding located on a sheetmetal crease removed from my wifes car.
Body shop wanted $1k+ and you can't even tell it was there.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
+1 for paintless dent removal. I've had good experiences with small dents being taken out that way. Not sure how badly the wife rammed your car, though. :D

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
tomahto

I too decided to stop caring about the appearance of my vehicles as a result of “spousal abuse”. I feel much better now...

Back at home with the youngest again. No more fever, but now onto the juicy cough phase. Nasty. I fell asleep mid sentence again while reading his book. Weird thing today was the words I heard myself saying weren’t any of the words in the story. Weird. He was none the wiser, though.

Fun discovery of the day: looks like my water reservoir is about 8” further north than it is supposed to be.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Sooooo, now that the pressure from the shot in the shoulder has subsided, I can put my arm over my head again!!!!!

Can I get a fuck yes for modern medicine? Of course I still have to follow up with physical therapy, and possibly more injections...... But damn it feels good to move

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Winter tires aqcuired. I'm liking the tread pattern and amount of sipes on these puppies. Based on their reviews across the interwebs, they should be great.

Now to just get them on the car....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I too decided to stop caring about the appearance of my vehicles as a result of “spousal abuse”. I feel much better now...
:stupid: If I fix it, she is going to dent and scratch it again.

13.5 miles long ride with a group tonight. New LA lever for WT ReMote is definitely an improvement, I like. Fork keeps losing air into negative chamber when it gets cold, not much but it still sucks. :think: Can we haz some nice non-boost coil forks now, please?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Dudes! I mish you!
And, I think substitute teaching is my calling or something. It rules. It’s fun, I never have to stay late, I’ve seen some crazy ish, I’ve worked in classroooms, special ed, office, nurse clinic, and library, and it’s only been a month and a half. I feel like I’m helping people—making sure ish isn’t dropped when adults are out and connecting with kids. I am tired at the end of every day, and happy. I think happier than I can remember.
I’ll figure out the rhythm and follow you guys better, uhhhhh right. Winter break is happening soon.
Wishing you all the best!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's almost 11 and I just got home from drinks with my colleagues. I heart this new jorb. Can someone please splain to me why the ceiling is spinning?