Quantcast

GMTFREIDEIMTG

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Wife scheduled small dog to be put down on the 22nd. It's the right move, as time hasn't been kind to her the past few years, but still. As much of a pain in the ass as she is we've still had her 8 years and have lots of good memories. :(

Still have to figure out how to explain this one to kiddo.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Wife scheduled small dog to be put down on the 22nd. It's the right move, as time hasn't been kind to her the past few years, but still. As much of a pain in the ass as she is we've still had her 8 years and have lots of good memories. :(

+++vibes dude.

I’m gonna be a freaking mess when our tiny dogs pass over the rainbow bridge.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Speaking of speed metal, I had 250 of these printed with metallic \m/ (>_<) \m/ purple ink on black vinyl and I only have like 243 of them left. So if anyone wants some cheeky stickers in their life send me a TBD number of dollars for shipping and I’ll drop 13 of them in the post to ya.

IMG_9549.jpeg

IMG_9544.jpeg

@mandown @AngryMetalsmith @stevew ?

For people I see regularly, just expect that I’ll shove a few in your paw next time we hang out.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Speaking of speed metal, I had 250 of these printed with metallic \m/ (>_<) \m/ purple ink on black vinyl and I only have like 243 of them left. So if anyone wants some cheeky stickers in their life send me a TBD number of dollars for shipping and I’ll drop 13 of them in the post to ya.

View attachment 210265

View attachment 210266

For people I see regularly, just expect that I’ll shove a few in your paw next time we hang out.
I'm listening to the wrong Hail Satan, but I'm still enjoying it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

our kids were a mess the first time we had to put down a cat.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida

Just paid $250 to find out our 3 yo cat has the teeth of a 15 yo cat and needs $500 of extractions. I will spend ridiculous money on pet health without a blink though.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

View attachment 210265

View attachment 210266

I bet I know a guy who would love to leave a couple around an airport facility or three.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello!

up at the b to catch a flight to san Fran to have some vacation fun with the San fam. Flight boards in 20 I guess, but I should be able to shitpost from the sky so see you soon.

have a phone screen for a program manager position with a former mentor in a different company. I didn’t think it was initially something I wanted to do, but I enjoyed working with her quite a bit.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
Yes please. DM me the details when you figure out the details.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
rain varies between almost nothing and torrential downpours. which has revealed to me which downspouts are currently clogged. le joy.

neighbor black lab gang dropped by for a visit earlier. my dogs lost their minds. everyone is home safe and sound now.

did a brief stint on the treadmill this AM. thinking about running > 5 miles makes me chuckle at this point. maybe I will someday regain my fitness to the point where I could enjoy running 26 miles, but not today...

good luck at the marathon Baboon

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Is this the one you guys rescued on vacation? Who subsequently got its eye damaged in a fight?
sorry timmah, RIP little dog.
Yep. Found her with a shattered pelvis in the woods outside Westcliffe. RM was instrumental in donating money so we could save her instead of sending her to the beyond.

our kids were a mess the first time we had to put down a cat.
I have no idea how this is going to go. Kiddo is 2.5 and somehow still likes small dog, despite small dog having gotten nippy recently (no real teeth, so it's not a safety thing). We've tried to tell her that small dog is sick, but I don't know how much of that she understands.

Just paid $250 to find out our 3 yo cat has the teeth of a 15 yo cat and needs $500 of extractions. I will spend ridiculous money on pet health without a blink though.
Oral health will be the death of her. Her teeth were atrocious when we found her, aged well beyond the rest of her body. Within the past few years we spent $2K for tooth extraction due to infection, but that destabilized her jaw bone and the infection never subsided so she's continued to go down from there. The antibiotics also resulted in partial deafness so she startles easily and is mentally declining as well.

We're probably $15K out of pocket in the past 5 years, so clearly spending money on pet healthcare isn't the problem.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yes please. DM me the details when you figure out the details.
Thinking I can probably just put them in an envelope and mail them standard ass mail, which won’t be a lot of money really. Would you be opposed to five bucks for a baker’s dozen stickers mailed to your door? PayPal, Venmo, whatever.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have no idea how this is going to go. Kiddo is 2.5 and somehow still likes small dog, despite small dog having gotten nippy recently (no real teeth, so it's not a safety thing). We've tried to tell her that small dog is sick, but I don't know how much of that she understands.
at that age i'm not sure how much it will register. our daughter was 4 or almost 4 when we lost the first of the 2 cats, and she wasn't nearly upset as our son (who was 6 at the time).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
at that age i'm not sure how much it will register. our daughter was 4 or almost 4 when we lost the first of the 2 cats, and she wasn't nearly upset as our son (who was 6 at the time).
We've got 3, 10+ year old dogs at this point, so this will be a good preview of what the next few years will look like.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Prepping for a five month long thru hike is exhausting. Really wish I could get all my shit together then take a mini vacation right before stepping off. That would be awesome.
:nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity:

As much as this social media shit sucks, it is wonderful to wrap up an anniversary with a quick, beautiful, cheap Facebook post.
That's not how it generally works...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yep. Found her with a shattered pelvis in the woods outside Westcliffe. RM was instrumental in donating money so we could save her instead of sending her to the beyond.

Oral health will be the death of her. Her teeth were atrocious when we found her, aged well beyond the rest of her body. Within the past few years we spent $2K for tooth extraction due to infection, but that destabilized her jaw bone and the infection never subsided so she's continued to go down from there. The antibiotics also resulted in partial deafness so she startles easily and is mentally declining as well.

We're probably $15K out of pocket in the past 5 years, so clearly spending money on pet healthcare isn't the problem.
My daughter was about that age when we put down XL dog #1. I don't think she really understood what was happening, she was probably more upset by how upset I was than anything. She definitely had more of a reaction when we had to put down XL dog #2, 3 or 4 years later. Just be very brief and very simple. Ask her if she has questions and answer accordingly.

Sorry guys. No getting around the fact that letting go sucks, but holy cow did you all go out of your way to do right by that tiny little life. She had a way better life because of you.