Quantcast

GO US LADIES GMT

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
another crappy nights sleep. Probably need to back of on the evening workouts. I put the aero bars back on the road bike and did a hard spin session on the trainer late last night. Coffee oatmeal then off to the short bus.

oh and all the sisters in law are coming over for a girls weekend. I will be getting the eff out of here in the camper and avoid the estrogen fest.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

A bit of a later start for me today - wife had an early training seminar for work, so it's up to me to get the kid to school. Well, I'm as useless as a screen door in a submarine when it comes to that, so we're lucky I got him there with pants on. As I'm typing this, I'm wondering if we even got his book bag....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watching a 25 year old concert of ride that i finally had converted to dvd...

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

I think the new battery in my phone has gone bad. On a charger all night, instant low battery warning. Wasn't hot, so I'll reboot and see if that clears the thing up. Glad I kept the original...

Inspection on a 2011 Subaru with a "Ballz Deep' sticker went as expected... $8000 in repairs to pass a safety... might be lucrative.

Scary test drive, 90mph and it shook so bad it blurred my vision on the highway...

Cangrats US womens... 1 in 5 ain't bad. :p

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I had to cover for my aged co-worker on Monday. Today as partial recompense I got this morning off, so at least that’s that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heading off to yet another meeting to review what should have been two hours of work that dumbass coworker is turning into a career. Most expensive spreadsheet ever. Fucknut scheduled it early enough that I will be caffeinated. It will be difficult not to have contempt oozing from my pores.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Planning for skiing this weekend with Haley. I finally have some non-Hannah time where I don't have appointments every day and now we find out that Wifey has some issues that need to be dealt with post-baby birth. At least the timing on all this shit is happening while I'm on leave and able to be around to help with well, everything.

Trying to start studying for CFP stuff again. No way in hell that I am going to hit my initial open window for testing, so I need to pay to extend my testing window 90-days. Last extension available, so I need to make sure that I can make this happen or I'm out $1200.

Got my escrow over-payment check back last night. Paid my 2018 property taxes at the end of last year and was waiting for the mortgage company to figure it out and send me the right amount back. Almost the exact same amount, so I just had to front $3200 for 2 months. Wifey was dumbfounded that I managed to work that out so well. It's like, give me a little bit of credit. I do money for a living; I sometimes know what I'm doing.

Also opened a massive can of worms with family on Facebook. My uncle is a Deep South 'Murica, fuck yeah! guy and has been posting all sorts of fucked up comments as the heat has been turning up on the Mango Mussolini. He quoted Robert Heinlien today, using a very isolated single sentence quote. By pure circumstance, one of my college writing classes focused on writing styles of early science fiction writers and I learned a ton about him at the time and knew that he was a bleeding heart liberal for the first half of his life. So... off to Wikipedia to drop some fact. I'm waiting for the call from my Mom to yell at me for it. Sadly I used to talk to him on a daily basis, then he got crazy fucking right after he got divorced and his ex came out as lesbian (which we all knew for over two decades). Even more sad? The dude lives in fucking Florida.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
sup mack daddies?
go usa :rolleyes:
a fellow ski instructor bud just got back from AK and brought a cooler a full of wild AK salmon and bought 5# from him for $5. gonna stock the freezer if next time I see him he has any left.
Made this for dinner last nite with pearled couscous and butternut squash. twas the bomb.
https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1019190-pan-seared-salmon-with-celery-olives-and-capers

Going to yoga then catching some drum n bass later tonight. fun stuff

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
both boys were up last night. I am :dead: today.

Had an appointment at the orthodontist that went a little longer than planned. was late for my own meeting. have a bunch of shit piled on my to-do list for today. supposed to be ride night tonight. I'm hoping the trail we chose was not hardpacked before all the rain, so that it will be a solid, styrofoam, ride any line in the woods type of ride. those sure can be great.

I found out one of my best friends is just bought a place in the sub-suburbs, about 50 minutes away. He says he will still be coming out for ride nights, but I'm super skeptical. I'm actually pretty bummed. I feel like we won't be seeing that much of him anymore. Our kids were close enough in age that we could hang out and they could play. Maybe it's my "downtown attitude", where I only see people I can bike over to, but I just don't see myself driving a couple of hours (to and from) regularly... I hope I'm wrong though...

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Happy Friday eve GMT, no word if I am meeting with said lady this evening, however my haircut turned out well, so I am pleased with that
I have to leave a 5 day between haircuts and dates & job interviews. always seem to need to grow into a trim. :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just got my rather nice bonus for the year. Sadly not F.U. money. Going to go crazy with it and make some early mortgage payments and stash the rest away so when I need a new car in a few years I will hopefully have enough saved up to pay in cash. That is of course unless a price incentive is available to finance, where I will finance the minimum amount then pay it off immediately.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hahaha. If it was Fonda, i'd say absolutely. No one wants to see her jiggle around anymore. This just kinda hurts the eyes and ears.
oh ok. thought you were serious.
I have no clue whats acceptable anymore as on one of my work monitors is a glory hole scene rn. *shrug*

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Went IAB on STM AFAIK last night. Ankle hurtses today, but I'll manage. Snow-packed night ride tonight, stoked.

Planning for skiing this weekend with Haley.
Lemme know if Loveland, I'll probably be up there all weekend, with new pants!

New rule: anyone posting a GMT with no wingdings gets a dunce cap
I for one welcome our new wing-ding-less GMT.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Season pass mic-drop this morning: https://www.ikonpass.com/

Holy shit is this pass... intriguing. Especially if you can storm-chase...
limitations on the $900 pass:

Steamboat, CO Unlimited
Winter Park Resort, CO Unlimited
Copper Mountain Resort, CO Unlimited
Eldora Mountain Resort, CO Unlimited
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, CA Unlimited
Mammoth Mountain, CA Unlimited
June Mountain, CA Unlimited
Big Bear Mountain Resort, CA Unlimited
Stratton, VT Unlimited
Snowshoe, WV Unlimited
Tremblant, QC Unlimited
Blue Mountain, ON Unlimited
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, WY 7
Big Sky Mountain Resort, MT 7
Killington Resort, VT 7
Sugarbush Resort, VT 7
Revelstoke Mountain Resort, BC 7
Deer Valley Resort, UT 7
Aspen Snowmass, CO : Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk 7 Total
AltaSnowbird, UT 7 Total
Loon Mountain (NH), Sunday River (ME), & Sugarloaf (ME) 7 Total
SkiBig3, AB : Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt. Norquay 7 Total