Quantcast

Goddamned Delicate Flower Friday GMT

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Up since 4:30, sat with coffee in the quiet for a while.
I also failed to have dinner last night. I think I'll walk into town to the diner after this cup.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept well in the camper, woke up at 3 to the sound of rain on the roof. Fell back asleep until 5. Brewing espresso then I will stroll the 1000 feet to work from 6 to 2 then go ride my bike for the afternoon. Such a rough day at the horse show

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode with the engineering manager and one of his student last night. I think we might have killed the student.... Oops. :busted:

I haven't taken my bike out the car once this week. Its been work and then straight to the trail head somewhere and then back home for 10pm'ish. I am POOPED. One more post-work ride tonight and then I can sleep in tomorrow. woot.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
gonna go in to the office for a while. then try for a longish ride at the us nat’l whitewater center trails. oneup dropper scheduled to arrive today, which would be cool. prolly take the 8yo riding tomorrow.

have a good one, y’all.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FTS is epic levels. Got a 'you did this thing we never taught you how to do wrong, please correct' email this am. :rant:FTS.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Trying to fly under the radar today. One team meeting later this morning is all my calendar is showing at this moment.
I just discovered the cool Linux subsystem in Windows 10. Have Ubuntu + basic X server + basic WM + my friend's excellent personal knowledge management app that only runs on Linux and MacOX. (https://www.mindforger.com/) /geekmonkey.com
I am hoping for an early exit and a ride this afternoon, weather is turning hot and sticky again.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
somehow survived the week, but I am le tired. my neck is still sore, but more in a dull achy kind of way, and less and less so every day. I mostly notice it when I wake up at fivay'em and can't get back to sleep. but every day is better so I think I will try and ride tonight.

on another note, my friggin dishwasher won't drain. i hate that fucking thing. it's been like that since the reno (two years ago). usually I can purge it by restarting it a couple of times and being really anal about cleaning the filter and trap. I'm not sure if the plumber reinstalled it wrong, or if it's just a shitty washer. I have to clean the trap at least every three days, and pretty much wash the dishes before putting them in. such a pain. Will call the appliance repair person today.

I also noticed my kids finally broke the frame on the sectional couch today. I guess it's my fault for letting them jump on it. I should have seen it coming. Hopefully I can fix that som'bitch with some sort of reinforcement and an extra leg. It's a sectional, and it caved in pretty much where the two sections meet, so I think it will be possible to fix it so it's discrete.

ugh, adulting sucks. at least we have beer. sweet sweet beer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
on another note, my friggin dishwasher won't drain. i hate that fucking thing. it's been like that since the reno (two years ago). usually I can purge it by restarting it a couple of times and being really anal about cleaning the filter and trap. I'm not sure if the plumber reinstalled it wrong, or if it's just a shitty washer. I have to clean the trap at least every three days, and pretty much wash the dishes before putting them in. such a pain. Will call the appliance repair person today.
this just happened to me last night. check the drain hose for clogs (it runs to your garbage disposal if you have one)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
bar ends are for gapers

ran this morning. shit was tough for some reason.
ate a bomb southern style fish fry last night with some legit hushpuppies.
my micro dose before yoga was on the beefy side of micro. went deep in class. some nice visuals in svassana were a nice surprise.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I've checked the filter a few times on our Bosch dishwasher since we moved in in 2015 and it's always clean save for the odd kid fork that makes its way off the rack. Go figure.

Yesterday I worked far too hard in the afternoon--I tried to be a nice guy and let another person go (as we were short staffed due to someone calling in sick), and in retrospect that was not the right call. Oh well, lesson learned.

I then wrenched on my commuter bike after working 12 pm-10 pm. That was generally pleasant except for having to clearance the right chainstay with my BFH for chainring, er, "belt drive ring" clearance. Still need to clearance it a bit more later on.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
I also noticed my kids finally broke the frame on the sectional couch today. I guess it's my fault for letting them jump on it. I should have seen it coming.
Yup and yup.

One of the few times I'll go into an apoplectic rage is when fucking kids jump on the furnitue.

well aren't you special.
He's a fucking HIPPY. :busted:

<snip> micro dose before yoga was on the beefy side of micro. went deep in class. some nice visuals in svassana were a nice surprise.
So is this fucker. :D

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Old guy next to me went on rant and rave about fake news and CNN this morning. When I showed him new indictments of Russian spies via NPR, he promptly said investigation was surrounded by fake news and went back to what he was doing. He votes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Old guy next to me went on rant and rave about fake news and CNN this morning. When I showed him new indictments of Russian spies via NPR, he promptly said investigation was surrounded by fake news and went back to what he was doing. He votes.
are russian spies in russia?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if he says something racist, report him to HR. give him time.

also, let's discuss in P&WN

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
if he says something racist, report him to HR. give him time.

also, let's discuss in P&WN
He's smarter than that. Plus I like him too much to do it; he was a big supporter of us when we first moved here.